The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T61 sweet jesus of nazareth

paul mac

wow best conversion i have seen very clean and tidy! how much is set you back? you do it yourself?

yeah did it all myself with bits turning up from Greece and mainly the US probably cost about £3000 including the mapping and the fluidyne, i enjoy the challenge, i've nothing against peeps who buy the parts as a kit it would be a damm sight easier, i started collecting "bits" last October to spread the cost and (all wives look away now) its a good way of hiding the true cost from the wife, when she asks tubular manifold £50, T61 turbo £50 basically everythings £50, if anyone wants advice on out (including truth alteration techniques for the missus) i would be happy to share my findings

You will have to pop round or meet up and john's (white 300zx) so i can have a butchers.

Looks good though but i wouldnt boot it too much until it gets mapped!! last thing you want is it to go "bang" ;)

Mike

hows it going mike have you got some more wheels yet, i took jon out for a gentle spin, nothing excesive cos the place is swarming with traffic police due to the manx TT

VERY nice Paul! LOVE the intercooler pipe routing, did this come from BL or homemade? I have the same turbo setup but, the intercooler pipework routes directly down (very close to the manifold) Would be interested in getting that pipework if its available.

VERY nice Paul! LOVE the intercooler pipe routing' date=' did this come from BL or homemade? I have the same turbo setup but, the intercooler pipework routes directly down (very close to the manifold) Would be interested in getting that pipework if its available.[/quote']

piping is home made, found a site on US e-bay that does every size imaginable, i tryed initially to route it down the convention intercooler hole in the wing but it was such a complex series of bends i gave up and though what the heck lets cut a hole and if worst came to the worst just cover it with a ally plate but it came out OK, couple of pics for you, 1st is the pipe itself comprising of 2 x 45 degrees and one 90 degree, 2nd is how the tubes came from the states they were about £13 each and the intake tube was about £25, the guy who welded them said they went really well so the quality of the ally is good

turbo 030.jpg

turbo 024.jpg

hows it going mike have you got some more wheels yet, i took jon out for a gentle spin, nothing excesive cos the place is swarming with traffic police due to the manx TT

Good mate, not got any wheels yet apart from my girlie 307cc lol but when i get back from my hols then will be either a skyline gtr or poss another supra, had my eye on a few and showed jon and he's thinking of getting one now :D so could be a few more supra's round here soon.

Next time your at jons get him to text me and i will pop round.

Mike

Thanks Chris as termy put it praise from the master is praise indeed and as Slick put it i hope to god my engine work is as good as the blinging, i really dont want to take that head off again :eek:

From what i can see and from i read from you I am confident you will have researched and done a good job with the head. Clanliness is the main thing, and measuring to see if head and block are truly flat. Good luck with it, I am not a bling sort of guy, but i can appreciate the workmanship in those that are :D

From what i can see and from i read from you I am confident you will have researched and done a good job with the head. Clanliness is the main thing, and measuring to see if head and block are truly flat. Good luck with it, I am not a bling sort of guy, but i can appreciate the workmanship in those that are :D

cheers Chris the only thing i cant make my mind up on is re-torquing the head with regard to the ARP head studs do you have any views on this as an engine builder