The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best spoiler (Purpose not looks):Pling:

steady_dave

You do realise Steady Dave, that the fastest Supras don't even use spoilers or wings and they're perfectly stable at 250mph. QUOTE]

My car is limited to 112MPH, and can't actually recall asking which spoiler/wing would be better for a standing mile run.:search:

Sorry Steady, wasn't a criticism, just incase you were concerned about flipping the car or something, as it ain't gonna happen without a rocket in one of these sleds. :D

By the way, when I logged in I saw your first post; keen to get closure on this?

Taxi! :D

Nearly there now but for money for scales etc. and a TRD test unit. Someone's bound to volunteer one.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laser ride height sensors are still about £2500 a piece for a decent one. :(

We actually have a number of them here that we can't use as they were made obsolete as the new ones now used digital rather than analogue outputs and the company that supplies all our hardware no-longer supported the analogue version of the main controller that they plugged into.

Send the pic over. I can't say that it will make much sense to me either, but I'll give it a go. :)

Photos are at http://www.gatesgarth.com/venturi/venturi.html

Thanks Tony.

Audi TT's had a rounded rear end which caused the lift and instability until they were forced to add a lip. Same with the Elise. Supras already have one in the rear door. :)

That reminds me, when's the next Nerd Buggering trip?

Never been! Infact, never even bought the sticker saying never been! :D

The summer time is generally filled to the mac down there. And the late summer time only has a single weekend with both data fully open for tourist drives. That is the 27-29th of August. Next is in October.. :-(

I havent been able to gather 'the crew' here from denmark, and havent seen any posts on a trip here on forum.

The summer time is generally filled to the mac down there. And the late summer time only has a single weekend with both data fully open for tourist drives. That is the 27-29th of August. Next is in October.. :-(

I havent been able to gather 'the crew' here from denmark, and havent seen any posts on a trip here on forum.

Shame we don't have anything like The Nordschleife here in England, as it would be a great track for Steady Dave's wing test. :eyebrows:

Shame we don't have anything like The Nordschleife here in England, as it would be a great track for Steady Dave's wing test. :eyebrows:

Hell yeah, that would be awesome.

Basically If I was able to get hold of a TRD wing, whack a set of scales in my boot and having something (some form of pole) attached to my boot (which would be slightly open, about 1/2 a cm) then have someone sitting in the back reading out to me as I went 0-100 somewhere, this is not going to be extremely accurate, but at least it will tell us roughly which one gives the most downforce

dont think you will get much good data from a 0-xxx sprint as you will have a lot of other forces working on the body there. A steady, high speed should be better. But its going to be hard to find a 100% even peace of road where you can stick to a speed of fx 100 (the more the better to see the difference). Who calls up Nardo to book a day there?

You don't need to be doing a 100. 70 on a smooth stretch of motorway would do it. You can then calculate from the data what load it would produce at various speed.

Fair enough, I shall try and do this then.

I suppose if I swap spoilers then run again on the same tarmac, then i'll get some results.

All I need now is a TRD wing, lol.

Fair enough, I shall try and do this then.

I suppose if I swap spoilers then run again on the same tarmac, then i'll get some results.

All I need now is a TRD wing, lol.

Obviously you'll need to lift the carpet or remove it and make sure it's all square and solidly fixed, with straps or bungee cords to limit rear door movement and preferably preload the (digital) scale with enough force to stop the door bouncing, as it might attract the law on the way to the 'track'. Don't want to end up on Police, Camera, Action! :D

The rear door card should be off anyway for bolt access but if not for the first run, maybe remove it for something solid to fix or Duck tape the end of the 'con rod' to. Might also want to remove the latch, which could give you bolts to tie the strap/s to and/or allow closer contact without locking?