The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picking up my new Supra when i get home :d

SupraDan24

As for a RR print of 523hp, no way mate. Not a chance, not on stock turbos.

:yeahthat:

As for the engine internal work, it most likely needed a rebuild and this was either the most cost effective way, or he's wasted alot of money. I can't see the gains in that work as anything other than marginal on this car TBH, although it *may* help those stock turbos spool a bit quicker.

:yeahthat:

As for the engine internal work, it most likely needed a rebuild and this was either the most cost effective way, or he's wasted alot of money. I can't see the gains in that work as anything other than marginal on this car TBH, although it *may* help those stock turbos spool a bit quicker.

Plus with the spec of the upgraded engine, could you be sure this was actually done Dan? No way of knowing if the bottom end is stock or uprated without pulling it apart. I'd walk away too

I didnt know you could alter a dyno. Cheers for all your imput guys, too many questions have been brought up so i think i shall give the car a miss. I'm once again looking for a TT BPU supra lol.

AND LOOK FOR A MANUAL :p

i COULDNT SEE THE PRICE OF THE CAR... HOW MUCH WAS IT GOIN FOR?

He wants £7500 for it. I really would love a manual but they are so expensive these days. You can get alot more for your money by going for the Auto. There is a cheap Manu on Ebay though i think i saw last week, around the 8k mark. Cant remember what it was like though. The girl selling it sounded chavvy haha.

AND LOOK FOR A MANUAL :p

i COULDNT SEE THE PRICE OF THE CAR... HOW MUCH WAS IT GOIN FOR?

If he did get all that work done on the engine then he should have receipts to prove it.

I'd still be careful as the receipts may be valid but used in another engine. I've been the victim of this before when i paid for internal work to be done which wasn't....

Dan.. just a thought..

The gunmetal car lined to you for around the same money..from talkin to ya, once you get a soop you don't sound like you'll be parting with it for a while..why not buy one, like the linked, that's a tad less modified..and gradually make it your own over time?

It's a worthy consideration...

Thats my plan now, i was just trying to get as much for my money as i can, i'm tight as thieves me lol. I'd still like to get a BPU one if i can, but not necessarily (one collar two sleeves :D) anything beyond that. Jus a clean good looking BPU would be perfect. Something like the blue one thats just come up only with alot less miles.

Dan.. just a thought..

The gunmetal car lined to you for around the same money..from talkin to ya, once you get a soop you don't sound like you'll be parting with it for a while..why not buy one, like the linked, that's a tad less modified..and gradually make it your own over time?

It's a worthy consideration...

As everyone else as said, why would you spend all that money on the engine and then spend even more on uprating the stock turbos :search: when he could have gone single and got alot more power? It doesn't add up to me... I would say go look at it and take someone who knows about these cars, have a chat with Paul Whiffin to see if he remembers the car. You never know it might be a bargain.

That's probably almost the greatest amount of bullsh*t I've seen in one for sale advert. I think that guy looked through a catalogue of parts you could put in a Supra then wrote them all down in that for sale advert... If it turns out that car has any of those parts in it, I'll eat my hat, but I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money that it does not :)

I'd steer well clear of that car to be honest dude, if he's lying that badly about the engine spec, what else is he lying about.

sounds like alot of modded car for not alot of money.

from the pics it looks very standard for what hes said in it. compare your engine bay to supras with similar power outputs and see the differences.

in its favour it does look clean.

good luck

and it doesn't even have a aftermarket intercooler!

Dude, i bet my left nut sack on that being totally stock internally.. People like thatare scum, don't even bother wasting your time going to see it! I'd report him to piston heads admin about it being a fake and get it withdrawn from their site!

Thats my plan now, i was just trying to get as much for my money as i can, i'm tight as thieves me lol. I'd still like to get a BPU one if i can, but not necessarily (one collar two sleeves :D) anything beyond that. Jus a clean good looking BPU would be perfect. Something like the blue one thats just come up only with a lot less miles.

To be perfectly honest there are probably better cars for sale in the classified section of this forum.

If I was going up market to a single I would buy a car from here!

I bought my car local, as the trader who sold it had a Very good reputation and only imported a few select cars.

My (Probably Worthless ;) ) advice would be to ask some of your friends their opinion of cars for sale here ;)