The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi and help me choose

Guest aruffell

Guest aruffell
Insurance is often the problem. You mentioned "Turbo" as one of the quotes, that is more often than not a MKIII too so won't even be a proper quote.

MR2 is the best bet for getting on the ladder bud. Cheap as chips to insure in comparison, you can get a tubby easily within budget and they go like the clappers.

Would that be an import MR2 matey? Any chance of hooking me up with a reg so i know i choose the right one?

Andy

Guest aruffell
Yeah bud.

K561 PHT was my old one.

K561PHT, TOYOTA MR2 GT T-BR TUR (IMP 1998cc 2 DOOR 1990-----

£1068.18

All i keep finding is ones with no tax and mot on, why won't people get them bloody tested and then sell them.

How much do you think i should be paying for a GT T-Bar Turbo?

Andy

Guest aruffell

I didn't think the quote was too bad considering i've got a DR10 on my license, foolish me in 2008 :(

Where would be the best place to look for an MR2? Pistonheads? Autotrader? Or a car club?

Andy

Imoc.co.uk

MR2OC.co.uk

Autotrader

Pistonheads

Always cracking cars kicking around on the clubs. If you buy of a veteran member it means you can read the history of the car on the forum.

Not sure why they are so cheap to insure. They are definitely hidden gems as far as insurance vs performance goes.

Nev, that one is a Rev1. Not the best one to go for. Of course nothing particularly wrong with them, I had a Rev2 and I'm recommending a Rev3+ though.

Rev2 has a stronger block and is cheaper to insure, the Rev3 is higher insurance and only has 20bhp more, but has a thinner block. I'd recommend a Rev2 and do a Rev3 conversion to the engine. It's only a few £100s, so it's win-win.

Styling wise, the Rev3 looks more up-to-date, but swapping the rear lights and boot spoiler on the Rev2 for that of a Rev3 will sort that for you.

Go and have a read, see what you think :)

One bit of advice which i'll possibly be flamed for but im not fussed if i do.

Please dont assume because its an owners club members car be it a supra, mr2 etc that its any good.

I've seen plenty of supras on here that are unserviced, unloved nightmares awaiting to happen.

Treat every car the same and check everyone out thoroughly, look beyond the bling and nice paintjob !!

By the way hi and good luck with your search and hope you find a nice car

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)