The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WoooHooooooooooooooooooooooo!

SteveR

Thanks one and all, I will be at many, many meets and *l-o-v-i-n-g* the car I have no doubt :)

RobSheffield - I plan to nip in to Sheffield and show the car to my dad (assuming I pick it up from Jurgen in Newcastle) - if you live there now(?) maybe I'll give you a shout as I pass through? :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heheheheheheheheheheheheh...... everyone at work & all my mates are really pleased for me as they know how long I've wanted one for.... oh - and I've already asked 2 of my bosses if they're up for some track action (one has a new M3 and the other has some AMG - Mercs all seem to have the same name as each other (SLK? CLK? blah blah) and are grandad cars IMHO! :D)

• 1 month later...

Just checked the shipping co's website to check progress, see if it's slipped at all from it's ETA of Wednesday, and....... it's actually GAINED time and should be arriving in Newcastle TOMORROW!

:ecstatic: :ecstatic: :ecstatic:

Should be collecting it from Jurgen at the end of the month, with a bit of luck.

Watch out world... Steve is getting a Supra at last :D

There are a couple of pics here

The forum only portrays a tenth of my excitement! :D

I honestly have wanted a mkiv Supra for somewhere between 8 and 10 years, they really are my dream cars, so to be getting one - especially a TT6 (OMG!!! :ecstatic: ) in reportedly excellent nick and tiny miles - there simply aren't words to describe how I feel!! :)

I'm sorry to put a dampner on it Steve, but there's just been a new official club report saying that:

"Supras are in fact rubbish and we should all sell them immediately before anyone external to the club finds out".

Yeah right... :D

I'm sorry to put a dampner on it Steve, but there's just been a new official club report saying that:

"Supras are in fact rubbish and we should all sell them immediately before anyone external to the club finds out".

Yeah right... :D

:clap: You should swap it for an FTO :p

:)

It really does mean a lot to me, getting this car - I absolutely love Supras, I can't think of a single thing I don't like about them. In fact, one of the things that I thought about when I was paralysed in a scuba diving incident 2 years ago (too much to go into, but I didn't do anything wrong yet suffered massive spinal damage and I was told I'd never walk again) was that I would never get to drive a TT :( Wasn't having any of that.... so a proper miracle and 6 months later and I was 99% back to full health, and back to thinking about (amongst other things) getting a Supra :D

I know I've said it before, but;

da da da daa daaaaaaaaa, I'm lovin' it! :ecstatic:

I will never shut up about it when I get it (I already talk about Supras all the time anyway), l just told my boss not to expect me in till at least when I've run out of leave :D

Oh, and I will be very careful, I'm not the sort of person who waits 10 years for a car then starts trying to wrap it round trees.... I hope! :)

So pleased I found this forum too, it, and you guys on it, are the perfect accompaniment :clap:

You sound as excited as i was when i got mine, so long waiting and then finally found a good one... trust me, you WILL be smiling from ear to ear for.. well, lets just say, ive had mine for 2 months now and im still grinning... !!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Picked up my car Thurday just gone also thanks to Jurgen... MOT'ed it Friday (passed with no problems at all, the guys at the garage cant believe its in such good condition) and handed in the reg forms 2day... should be on the road on Wednesday. I CANT FOOKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ecstatic:

very few entirely standard cars remain available, so u will almost always have to accept some sort of modification :)

Very true, she looks a totally stock car apart from the optional Toyota side skirts and spats.

Being a stock fan, may I suggest the first thing you do is to fit UK brakes and stock 17'' wheels, the difference between that and a J-spec system are massive.

Anything you change, keep hold of the original bits, the Supra may become a classic one day :tongue: