The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on this car please

Stonkin

Ah ok, thanks Rogue.

Right, just got some more pics.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~enzjmc/bits/index.html

These are purely of any issues with the car, i asked him to send me them as i have to travel such a long way. He reckons the sideskirts dont fit perfectly, if he was keeping it he would have them removed and refitted. He explained all this to me in the first phone call. The last pic shows some slight damage to one of the skirts that he caught on a curb, he reckons its purely a paint scrape and has done no damge to the plastic. Certainly seems like it has the jap brakes :( Am i right in thinking it would be about £500 to get the fronts changed? Should the jap brakes be any reason to stop me buying this? That mind sound like a silly question to some but it seems to have become something i've been looking for when choosing a car to buy.

Plenty of good reasons to get it discounted then.

The front bumper touch up looks a bit bad.

Most exhausts seem to have been grounded at some point..

The sideskirt would need a complete respray to sort out - £100 ish

Maybe he's damaged the clips which is why it's not flush anymore with the body. Easy fix.

I assume they're OEM and not fibre copies.

Wheels are a bit weathered and scuffed sadly. Tread on the fronts look good, can't tell the rears - could be expensive to replace. Are they quality tyres?

No car this age will be perfect. It certainly looks shiny in the pics.

Hi matey, it was me that said they were 18's, dont know why i thought that, my bad :) The rear tyres are nearly new, front tread he says is very good. I appreciate the car is not brand new, just trying to find the best i can for my money. As you say, this 'little' list of issues will give me a better chance of getting money off. The overall condition does look very good.

Is there any way to tell if the skirts are copies or replicas?

If they're plastic or fibre glass. (Plastic are black on the inside of the rear air duct, perhaps check fitting underneath for proper fixings...see my website) They look genuine as far as I can tell from my seat here.

If you see any please let me know as I would buy 2 at that price - and I am being serious!

I sold a 96 TT automatic for 8750 a few days ago, and took a profit out of it... I *ONLY* sell in the trade though, I will not retail cars, too much hassle.

I never even mention them on here for that reason.

Hi Chris, appreciate your comments. 8k seems very low for a 96 in the condition that this appears to be in, but, as you say, if its genuine that is. I know you come very recommended on here, is there anyone you would recommend looking at it (around the loughborough area), sorry, not sure where your based.

I am in Shropshire, and up to my neck in work right now, so even if you were to pay me I couldn't get over to Loughborough. I quite often have prospective buyers get the vendor to fetch cars to me though, and I can usually find time to look one over here.

Good luck with it, they all look great in the ad photos, and in 35 years with cars I have only twice had a buyer say they were selling a wreck. I bought one of these "wrecks", a Rover 3 litre, and the vendor said it had no top gear in the auto box. He, (and I), didn't realize there was a dash switch to hold onto second gear for towing down hills. I found it by accident on the way home, and rang him. He was not bothered and wished me good luck with my bargain buy. I bought several more cars off him on the strength of his honesty and until he moved to the Isle of Man we remained in touch.