The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP! My 'Veilside Vagabond' needs updating!

NOS

If this is your first TT supe then take it very easy with no spoiler on, you'll be shocked at how the weight of that spoiler keeps the back end down

I disagree. The vileside wing weighs about 12kg, that might sound heavy but a tank of fuel weighs nearly 50kg, so you'll hardly notice the difference with the wing gone.

I'm not sure if Aman meant when trying to open the boot? It will do feck all to keeping the rear attached to the road but it definitly stops the boot from opening freely.

I'm not a fan of the rear spoiler or the front bumper. The skirts are something that needs to compliment everything else, on their own they will stick out like a sore thumb so they need a front bumper and spats to follow. OEM or Veilside rear spats work fine with the skirts, front bumper is just a matter of taste.

Wing mirrors need to go and the interior could maybe do with a little matching done. All dials, faces etc matching. Don't have anything that has the "stuck on" look.

The thing is.... you want to put your touch on the car yet you are asking what we think. Asking everyone elses opinion to form your own isn't really your touch..... it is your touch with approval :D

Do what you like with your car. Mine is hideous in the eyes of the purist :D

I actually thought the weight of the spoiler helped to keep the back end in check, but that's just me, I havn't had my spoiler off myself just going off what I've heard :rolleyes:

As Scott said it's your car and you need to put your touch on it, hence me going full Veilside just to be different and so I get ripped by everyone else :p

Take a look at members cars and see how different kits go together if you want to mix and match, some really nice cars on the forum if you need ideas ;)

The veilside spoiler is good at creating downforce and drag, the stock spoiler isn't as good at the downforce part but it is far far better with regards to the drag.

VS vs De-spoilered there will be a stability difference at silly silly speeds but it won't be noticed by most drivers.

Well that totally depends what 'you' fancy for your car mate :) Would be an idea to sit down with a pen and paper and come up with some kind of list of mods that you would like to do, plan them in the order that will make the installation of parts easier for you, to save ripping things apart 2 or 3 times.

Search this site and the internet for pictures of what parts you think work with others, for interior and exterior.

Far better than rushing out buying bits, then wondering down the line why the hell you fitted such and such.

Just in my opinion of course :)

Would be an idea to sit down with a pen and paper and come up with some kind of list of mods that you would like to do, plan them in the order that will make the installation of parts easier for you, to save ripping things apart 2 or 3 times.

Good call.