Just had my supra BPUed

BigIanD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done fella great figures.

Bpu is definitely the best mod in terms of '£----->performance' ratio available for the supra.

Can usually done for between £800-£1500 depending on your current spec and if u buy new/used and as you've seen dude worth every penny ;)

Very Impressive results here for BPU. :thumbs:

Iv got to ask though, are these Figures right for stock Injectors? I mean im running a single with 800cc injectors and your only 80bhp away from my single results. I didnt think the Stock injectors would be able to handle that amout???

Very Impressive results here for BPU. :thumbs:

Iv got to ask though, are these Figures right for stock Injectors? I mean im running a single with 800cc injectors and your only 80bhp away from my single results. I didnt think the Stock injectors would be able to handle that amout???

Different dyno 's george, hub vs chassis etc, its all academic at the end of the day its how they drive and what top speed/1/4 etc they run, im not getting into the you havent got 4?? hp argument again, as long as they keep going to the same dyno with the same operator they will know if improvements have been made etc.

As an example when I had my old blade dynoed it made 126 at the wheel, looking miserable I said Ohh I was hoping for 130, the dyno operator said if it makes you happy I can make it 130...... doesnt mean it is though;) feck me Lee P's would be about 1500hp on those dyno's.:search:

Different dyno 's george, hub vs chassis etc, its all academic at the end of the day its how they drive and what top speed/1/4 etc they run, im not getting into the you havent got 4?? hp argument again, as long as they keep going to the same dyno with the same operator they will know if improvements have been made etc.

As an example when I had my old blade dynoed it made 126 at the wheel, looking miserable I said Ohh I was hoping for 130, the dyno operator said if it makes you happy I can make it 130...... doesnt mean it is though;) feck me Lee P's would be about 1500hp on those dyno's.:search:

ah cool mate, just curious. Impressive results all the same.

As dude said all dynos are different. Before i bought mine it was dyno at Miami GT and no-one would believe the results and those rollers were sometimes way off!!

Srr are known to give lower readings than most but if u always use the same one u can still gauge how much better the car is than beforr.

Actually my uk spec is 455bhp at 1,2bars( blitz boost controler and double decat).

This results is before the engine rebuild and i think shes more powerfull now:) (around 470 maybe)

Mine is 800bhp at BPU. I farted once on the dyno and I reckon if it was timed better I could have had 802.

Theres always next time though.

That does seem a massive amount of power for BPU, like others have mentioned I'm not sure the stock 440c injectors on the Jspec are capable of delivering the fuel for that amount of grunt.

Mine is 6sp BPU and doesn't flame (though I've not had it up to the limiter before).

Mine is 800bhp at BPU. I farted once on the dyno and I reckon if it was timed better I could have had 802.

Theres always next time though.

I think if i farte to the next dyno i can hit the 480:)

Detail of the rebuild:Re-bored to 86.5mm

Reface Block

Recon cylinder head

CP pistons/rings

Eagle H Beam Rods

New Oil Pump/Water Pump

New head & turbo gaskets

Gates Cambelt

ARP main studs

ARP head studs

ACL big end bearings

ACL main bearings

ACL thrust washers

HKS 264 cams

HKS K&N filter

HKS plugs

FMIC

TRD Thermostat

Walboro pump

HKS FCD

Do you think that 470Bhp is too optimistic with the rebuild?

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/13/64/55/33/img17410.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/13/64/55/33/img17510.jpg

Reface Block

Recon cylinder head

CP pistons/rings

Eagle H Beam Rods

New Oil Pump/Water Pump

New head & turbo gaskets

Gates Cambelt

ARP main studs

ARP head studs

ACL big end bearings

ACL main bearings

ACL thrust washers

HKS 264 cams

HKS K&N filter

HKS plugs

FMIC

TRD Thermostat

Walboro pump

HKS FCD

Mate I think 450 is too optimistic with wings.

A dyno printout can be made to say anything you like. If you bring your car over for a run some day take it to SRR to compare your car to the rest of the BPU's.

Think about it, you either have THE most powerful UK spec supra..... orrrrr..... the dyno you were on is overreading by about 10%.

I know what my money is on ;)

FWIW 330 @ the wheels is about right. 27% transmission losses is wrong.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Your maybe right, that the only dyno i had.

But the only thing i know,is that i make a race vs a M3 v8 and i win easily so the power is here.;)

The "RWHP" you can just about take to the bank. When in the pub talking everyone mentions flywheel and adds x to make it seem faster than it is. Just tell everyone you have 500hp.

When crunching real figures its always best to quote RWHP as there is less wiggle room with the figure being wrong. It is as accurate as it gets for us before moving onto bench dyno's.

:)

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/13/64/55/33/img17410.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/13/64/55/33/img17510.jpg

Reface Block

Recon cylinder head

CP pistons/rings

Eagle H Beam Rods

New Oil Pump/Water Pump

New head & turbo gaskets

Gates Cambelt

ARP main studs

ARP head studs

ACL big end bearings

ACL main bearings

ACL thrust washers

HKS 264 cams

HKS K&N filter

HKS plugs

FMIC

TRD Thermostat

Walboro pump

HKS FCD

Sorry to burst your bubble a bit dude but your car got dynoed in the wrong gear:( is it auto or manual???? If its auto its done in 2nd or 3rd maybe if its 6spd, either way will inflate the figures.

Lol, you gotta change that, looks like you're just about to bum him:D

TBH i would as im so hungry, least it would keep my mind off food for lke 2mins, :p

looked to me like he already had!!!!:taped:

Cheeky feker. :inno: