The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How reliable are Boost Logic box's?

mark newman

I have worked it out to be around £3400 with 3500 stall including import taxes and delivery.

You are now within the realms of a manual conversion which is known to handle the torque better.

TH400 boxes are a little more robust than an uprated auto, but from personal experience, not that nice to live with on a daily basis.

Are you running a temp gauge mate i would say a must have ? ;)

yep and not seem abouve 80 yet :) ice ice baby :)

TH400 thats the one i was thining of earlier but CBA to search :)

im stil finding it hard to think genuine 800bhp for 9k?

Hi, Could any one tell me how reliable a Boot Logic auto box is? I am hoping to run between 700-800 bhp - Would one of these box's even be able handle this power? I am not trying to make a drag car but i would like this to be a good daily driver. I preferably dont want to go down the 6 speed route as i am a lazy git and love auto's

Anyone know ?:search:

Mark

Not trying to be a prick, but I think you really need to reassess your needs if you want a daily driver. Simply put, the more power you make, the less comfortable or easily driveable it becomes.

If you *need* whopping great amounts of horsepower, then you have to either spend lots of money to make it nice to use or just live with the inevitable compromise that it requires (noisy, low MPG, expensive servicing, constant expensive tyre wear etc).

Not trying to be a prick, but I think you really need to reassess your needs. Simply put, the more power you make, the less comfortable or easily driveable it becomes.

If you *need* whopping great amounts of horsepower, then you have to either spend lots of money to make it nice to use or just live with the inevitable compromise that it requires (noisy, low MPG, expensive servicing, constant expensive tyre wear etc).

My old silver car was used every day and driven over 300 miles to most events, some with a trailer tent on the back, I got back from TOTB at York to Brighton on 1 tank of fuel and it was easy enough to drive that I used to lend it to my pals.

My old silver car was used every day and driven over 300 miles to most events, some with a trailer tent on the back, I got back from TOTB at York to Brighton on 1 tank of fuel and it was easy enough to drive that I used to lend it to my pals.

Yes but you dont live in our area :p

Mark, are you seriously gonna go for this? only reason being that if its wet/icy on the back roads where we are from Rob has to fight his supra around the lanes and its not fun, and thats 'only' 450bhp, its like a mad dash to the dual carriageway some days :D

Oh, don't get me wrong dude - I love my car and I think it's dead easy to drive (it's at similar power levels to JamieP's single) but certainly comes with some compromises. But it is manual, and from the experiences of my friends with big power autos they definitely become more difficult to drive to the shops with a big stally and race-oriented auto.