The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello From A Fellow Polo G40 Owner luton to hitchin run

Guest 16v6n

Guest 16v6n
Eventually :)

10/10 for effort but :twak: that the chappy did it during the day on a dual carriageway with other people around.

I wonder how much time was edited out of the middle, seemed to take an age once it got above 100 but very respectable for a 1.3!

no worries mate .. ye it did take an age to get too ,, and yes its a 1.3 . not too shabby tho when it looks like a grannys shopping trolly.!

but thanks for taking interest.. most forums i visit just totally disregard these little motors.. I actually feel like buying a supra now to be part of this forum!!

cheers

no worries mate .. ye it did take an age to get too ,, and yes its a 1.3 . not too shabby tho when it looks like a grannys shopping trolly.!

but thanks for taking interest.. most forums i visit just totally disregard these little motors.. I actually feel like buying a supra now to be part of this forum!!

cheers

Ive learnt never to disregard anything , Once you have seen a Bedford Rascal with Twin R1 engines anything is possible . You would look a right prat being left behind at the lights by that.

I agree 16v6n this forum has a good atmosphere at the moment , everyone seems friendly enough , more than willing to offer good advice !

153 mph....thank god for that!!!!

top speed of a NA as standard is 154mph. ill keep mine now :D

I havent got real player on PC so cant watch it, but i know i can get to 1330 quickly 140 aint too shabby either

But remeber thats 154 'real' mph, your speedo will be reading closer to 165mph.

I saw just over 180 on my speedo today, gps was showing 169, was still accelerating too :)

LOL - Granny's car never had that SC whine though ;)

I'm a car enthusiast first and a Supra owner second, I take an interest in most vehicles and manage to extract fun from driving anything. I also find it safer to underestimate the opposition to avoid disappointment - sadly a few folks can be a bit blinkered on the forums and unwilling to accept other makes and models for what they are but on the whole the owners on here are a decent bunch :)

No need to rush out and buy a Supra to hang around (although it's a cracking idea!), we have a few regulars with other cars who still take part so use your free posts wisely and if you like the experience pay the £10 and put the club stickers in the Polo to confuse people ;)

But remeber thats 154 'real' mph, your speedo will be reading closer to 165mph.

Yeah, so I guess the same or more works for a car thats calibrated for going no more than 100.

So 154 to him is probably more like 130 in reality.

Welcome mate..

So did we establish who has let the Supra owners down yet he he..

Nice kill btw...sounds like one super-fast Polo you got there..

Its healthy to have our egos shattered once in a while.

:clap: :notworthy

RIGHT OWN UP....WHO WAS IT....ITS NO GOOD HIDING YOU KNOW WE WILL FIND OUT :swear:

Guest 16v6n
Yeah, so I guess the same or more works for a car thats calibrated for going no more than 100.

So 154 to him is probably more like 130 in reality.

Official performance according to my g40 instruction manual is 0-60 in 8.1secs and top speed of 122mph , so yes your probably right the speedo is probably out 122+ but should be pretty spot on up to 122 i would assume.

I managed to find this on the net .. i suppose it gives you an idea of performance on a relitivly standard engine (ported charger chip and pulley) + damp condictions with 150hp , The corrado's running a few bhp less than 200 hp

http://www.pitstopdevelopments.co.uk/mags/IMG_2554.JPG

http://www.pitstopdevelopments.co.uk/mags/IMG_2555.JPG

Official performance according to my g40 instruction manual is 0-60 in 8.1secs and top speed of 122mph , so yes your probably right the speedo is probably out 122+ but should be pretty spot on up to 122 i would assume.

You'll be suprised mate. Every car I've been in (including some brand new 05 M5's) were all up to 10% fast on the speedo's throughout the rev range

Guest 16v6n
16v6n,

Do you remember what colour the Supra was? any distinctive Bodystyling or wheels?

hi mate , not too sure, it was silver with a spoiler on the back and a big exhaust, with a dump valve thats all i could tell you unfortunately. .

Guest 16v6n
Could it have been Ro then :p

Nah i dont think it was that one , it had the standard spoiler on the back , although that does look very nice.