The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lpg anyone? value??

seamybaby

Ive found a company that will do the job for 1100 all in,this includes certificates and guarentee,and free courtesy car while job is being done.I spend around £160 a month on fuel,lets say lpg is going to save me £75 per month.That would mean I would be saving money after 1 year 2 months.....very tempting.

Ive found a company that will do the job for 1100 all in,this includes certificates and guarentee,and free courtesy car while job is being done.I spend around £160 a month on fuel,lets say lpg is going to save me £75 per month.That would mean I would be saving money after 1 year 2 months.....very tempting.

The downside for me is where the tank has to go but with the cost of the kit weve found then its definetly paying you back much earlier.

Much better suited on big 4 x 4 's in my opinion,

The downside for me is where the tank has to go but with the cost of the kit weve found then its definetly paying you back much earlier.

Much better suited on big 4 x 4 's in my opinion,

You may as well have it in the boot,nothing else can fit there. at the prices I quoted,after 24 months I would be £750 up,thats enough for insurance and car tax and a service.and every other year a saving of £900 ..again enough of a saving to run your supra quite easily.

I just called B'ham autogas and they said they can do the NA and a 320hp TT no problem with a multi point system for £1300 + vat on either car.

Maybe worth thinking about for those going single who would have to fork out a similar amount for a petrol fuel system...

Would it be possible to run a similar to stock petrol map using the stock fuel system and a high boost map using an LPG system i wonder???

I'm getting my TT VVTi aristo done in a weeks time. Be careful of the cheap kits as they will in time cause you problems. The cheap kits can also be single point injection systems that are not as efficient as the multipoint and can suffer from blow back in the induction system and the cheap kits come with the crappy sausage tanks that do use up your whole boot and look dreadful. Mines costing £1650 installed with a spare wheel tank and a top of the line BRC kit with flashlube system. When you consider the fact that a sh*tter costs you tax MOT and insurance along with maint and parking space costs of an extra car annually if you can't afford to run a supra into work but would otherwise then you've saved yourself up to £600 a year straight away by having only one car instead of two.