The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting clock with outside temp

gjp

Has anyone fitted a clock with a outside temp display to their car.

I forgot I bought this until I found it in my tool box. I looked at it today and noticed that the sockets are different from the std clock from my car. I will also need to run wires to a temp sensor.

Any ideas :rolleyes: :search: :blink: ;)

Whats so hard to understand about his first post?

hes asking if anybody has fitted the UK clock (with temp sensor) to a jspec?

He forgot he had it, and its been sat in his tool box and only just come round to looking at it (we don't need to know that, but its hardly OMFhgfghfsa]gdklfbhopdfgni) ?

And if he needs to run wires to a temp sensor?

Oh and the plugs different to the socket on the clock

So you're saying that the question was clear and easily understood?

hes asking if anybody has fitted the UK clock (with temp sensor) to a jspec?

Where does it say that he bought a UK spec clock, there're plenty of aftermarket gauges available?

There's an obvious difference between the two words "presuming" and "knowing".

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

If it's of any help, the ambient air temperature sensor on a UK Supra is part number 88625‑14110 and costs about £25.

If your car has a/c, then an ambient air temperature sensor and associated wiring may already be fitted. The location of the sensor is shown in attached diagram (it clips into the upper face of the front bumper opening to the radiator).

It's not a complete answer to your question, but it's a start...

Ambient Temperature Sensor.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
...Does anyone know anything about using the sensor with any other readout than the OEM clock...

Unfortunately, it's extremely unlikely that you'll find another form of readout that will give an accurate temperature reading with the Toyota ambient temperature sensor.

Both the readout and sensor should be designed and calibrated to work together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On my jap spec I had this sensor, i just installed Uk clock and miracle it's working !!! :D:D:D:D

it took about 40 seconds....

how did you plug a UK clock into a Jspec Supra, the clock connector is different (6 wires as supposed to 4)

Just to add to this ive got a jap import and the sensor is already fitted to mine.good times!!!

the sensor is fitted to all supras with air con. the question is whether the clock connector is the same (6 wires) as supposed to 4 (additional two for the temp sensor). If there are only 4 wires, where do two additional wires need to be connected to?

On my jap spec I had this sensor, i just installed Uk clock and miracle it's working !!! :D:D:D:D

it took about 40 seconds....

well i saw this so may just give it a go,has anyone got a pic of the clock with the temp showing as ive never seen one? about to put my dash back together so my be the right time to get a uk clock put in

A wiring diagram for the clock (specifically UK spec clock) would help - want to figure out how the clock temp sensor gets its signal from (could it be the ECU)?

Will look this up another day as ive had my head in wiring diagrams for the speedo clocks all day! (fitted shift light) :)