The mkiv Supra Owners Club

is it really worth it having a nice car

liam1

Heresy it may be, but I'm thinking..... "no".

I've got a Ford Mondeo estate, diesel. It cost £2500. It does 38mpg in 30mph commutes every day. It can lug paving slabs and tables and stuff. It's comfy and has a nice stereo. I feed it diesel and I've put two front tyres and a headlight bulb on in 6 months, that's all the maintenance needed. Might change the oil one day.

I've never washed it and never will. The paint is scratched and there is some sill/arch rust creeping in. I don't care, by the time it's an issue it'll be long gone from me.

If a BMW cuts me up and hits me, I won't care.

I'll park anywhere, it's got door dings off mums in MPVs already. I don't care if it gets more.

There is a clonk from the rear over bumps and some cornering. I've checked the bearings and suspension for obvious problems, saw nothing, stopped caring.

It's stress free and dirt cheap. Even the tax is cheap. And with the beady eyes of plod everywhere, diverting about 90% of the force's budget to catching motorists doing 3mph over the limit, there is no fun in road driving any more.

So no, not really any point :shrug:

-Ian

Ditto. I haven't advertised it yet, but my single turbo Supra is for sale for those reasons.

Mrs T. has a 200,000 mile Citroen ZX diesel that - touch wood - appears indestructibe. It doesn't lock properly and is as ugly as sin - but demolished a 3,500 mile round trip to Spain and France with no problems. Worry-free motoring.

Just drive it and enjoy it - or give up.

agreed

i am a bit over the top with cleaning, my neighbours always saying youll wash the paint of that ha ha , but i use it every day, supras were built to be driven, i couldnt leave mine in the garage when the weathers bad ,we live in the uk not L.A :blink: i live in wales its always raining here :(