The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension question

Dnk

They are the wrong springs.

DNK, if it lifts 2 inches fairly easily but won't compress it's probably dampers set up for drifting with a huge amount of bump in them.

Wrong? Those NA's are wrong? I bought them from the user here and he said those are NA fronts? So what are they? Can you please confirm that NA springs should fit TT shocks with no problem?

OK, top photo, that's a rear damper with a correctly fitting stock Toyota rear spring on it. Below is a loose front spring that's not an OE Toyota one, can you put the original Toyota front spring alongside it and take another picture? the loose spring looks like an aftermarket one, far stiffer than an OE front. with a different tail on the lower end of the spring.

OK, top photo, that's a rear damper with a correctly fitting stock Toyota rear spring on it. Below is a loose front spring that's not an OE Toyota one, can you put the original Toyota front spring alongside it and take another picture? the loose spring looks like an aftermarket one, far stiffer than an OE front. with a different tail on the lower end of the spring.

give me a minute...

You have some OEM ones there, you can see they have different ends.... I can't really say any more than that.

Ok, so Ill try to ask other way-

I understand that the one on the shock is oem TT spring like the shock. The one loose spring maybe is oem but have a different end and wont fit tight on the shock seat.

So-if I want to fit NA spring on that TT shock I need to buy another set of springs with proper ends...yes? Sorry for dumb question but I want to understand it well :D

And last- whats up with those colors? what color goes on what side?

Edited by krisso_pl (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I havent got time to install parts and am going to install them on monday but decided to ask all of you if I have proper parts.

I habe bought may parts from various traders here and abroad and many of them appeared to be not proper ones like aftermarket spring instead of oem NAs etc.

To remind you - I want to install TT shocks with NA springs on front

and TT/NA shocks (I was told they are the same) with TT springs on rear.

And here is what I have:

Those should be rear TT shocks with TT springs.

Part number is 48530-14360

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6766/img0482xl.th.jpg

Those should be front TT shocks with TT springs

Part number is 48510-1414670

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8343/img0484t.th.jpg

And those should be front NA springs.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7438/img0487s.th.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/351/img0488r.th.jpg

So please tell me-do I have proper parts and can put them together and install on car?

Very confusing.

I think, you had proper springs in the first place. I took out my stock NA-springs and the looked the same. I told you that on SF.com, already.

The last picture you posted shows a spring, that looks like my NA-springs.

If you still don't know if you got the right part, I suggest, you go to a local toyota dealer and order NA-springs and shocks. You just need the part no. Try to find them on toyodiy.com.

But I guess, the toyota dealer will give you the same parts you already got.

Thomas

Very confusing.

I think, you had proper springs in the first place. I took out my stock NA-springs and the looked the same. I told you that on SF.com, already.

The last picture you posted shows a spring, that looks like my NA-springs.

If you still don't know if you got the right part, I suggest, you go to a local toyota dealer and order NA-springs and shocks. You just need the part no. Try to find them on toyodiy.com.

But I guess, the toyota dealer will give you the same parts you already got.

Thomas

Are you talking about that first set of springs couple months ago? Chris and Keron told me that these are some aftermarket springs, definitely not OEM springs. One from the picture from last post seems to be proper NA