The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Official Jap Fest 2010 Welsh convoy thread.

nevins

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup same here , new skirts on and painted, new bov is on, new fan belt and 5lts of fresh mobil 1 and when i get 5 mins ill get the sponge out . :)

Can't believe the latter mate ! you clean the car :p glad it's all running good for you mate ;)

Nevins did you get those skirts done and painted , av to send some pics to me, or post the end results , be nice to see :)

Bit gutted can't make this one , but it'll be done in the next month or two, too much work going on in the house , to she who must be obeyed !( gutted bathroom ready for new everything really, didn't think it would mount up to this much) and the footy coming in a bit pricey now , with the playoffs and final etc. busy times :)

well the fujer just tryed to kill me again.

i thaght id take it now and fill it up ready for the early start sat morning and as i was going around a roundabout BANG off i go sliding acroos 2 lanes to a stop.

i thaught i had had a suspension failur, it turns out the large lokating pin that holds the pads in place in my lexus brakes had half come out and jamed between the spokes of my wheel.

im going to be sceard of this car soon. dammage was minimal this time (touch wood) i had to limp back to base straighted and replace the pin . find a new retainer as the old one had gone awol . apart from that the caliper was ok just lost a chunk of paint and it took a chip out of the back of one of the wheel spokes ,

iv said before , there is some higher force that dose not want me to attend any meets

Craig do not take the car out again till Saturday lol.

its a good thing i did or it would have happend at 6 in the morning on the big day.

iv taken it for a 5 mile test after i fixd it and it seems ok. ill give it the one over tomorrow and keep the fingers crossed

Just a reminder guys

If members can be at the meet point from 6.00 Am to 6.30 AM, we will be leaving at 6.45 AM sharp due to road works and average speed cameras on the M4.

!!! We are leaving at these times, so that we can meet up with Lui's convoy at Junction 17, and then proceed on with them to Castle Combe for 8.15 Am, to get set up on club stand & miss the mad rush of 9.00 main start of queuing & getting in !!!

Also make sure you you do not forget your tickets and passes, I will check with you all before we leave. See you in the morning guys.

Edited by nevins (see edit history)