The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi, and a quick question

steve saxo

Hi , all this is my 1st post to this forum , so I just thought I would say hi ..

Hi ..

I am seriousley considering a MK1v supra to replace my Saxo VTs in september when my insurance is up,

I would prefer an aero top car, but I understand , these only come as 4 speed auto cars, ( eugh ), so my question is this, would it be possible to put the 6 speed manual box into a Aero top car, and if so whyat sort of costs would u be looking at .

Many thanks

Stephen Jones

www.complete-saxo.co.uk

www.pro-comp.co.uk

Think it worked out about £8k labour, and you'd have to find a manual box for it. I believe Ibrar decided it was easier to buy an NA car and transplant the engine and gearbox from a TT than to just change the gearbox!!!

As an owner of a NA - Aero, and a Auto TT, the autos are NOT as bad as you might think. Yes it would be nice to have a manual, but if you want the aero you're pretty much stuck with it.

And if that hasn't scared you off, you might as well slap a veilside sequential in while your at it. Now that would be a master piece in an aero.

Another alternative is to get a Euro LHD one and convert it to RHD. Which is probably worth investigating (can't help you there though). Euro models (or US ones) are 'export' spec as well, which is commonly regarded as superior to the J-Spec ones. You can get some very high spec cars from the states for good money if you would consider this, or don't mind LHD.

Ha, the best bet it the wait for Ibrar to finish his new supra and buy that when he gets rid of it :)

Shame you cant make it down for the big Bolney meet on the 16th March, plenty of Supras there with willing owners to show you how good the different gearboxes can be.

We have had the gearbox discussion many times and it all comes down to how you use it. Its only on a track that you would really notice any difference, and even then it would probably be very slight. the auto in the mkiv Supra is probably one of the best around and its tough as well.

JB

Quote: from steve saxo on 11:28 pm on Mar. 7, 2002[br]Im up for meeting up , where is the meetup   ? or is it supras only ?

Steve

Its all jap cars, about 250 at the last count. Only problem is its down past Gatwick which is a fairly long run for you. Full details are in the events section on this BBS.

JB

OT : Who elses mental image of Mycroft just changed from Ares (like the avatar) to Ali G :biggrin:

Steve : Forgive the scaremongering but it is justified. If you're worried then get race logic traction control (beat you too it PhilW ;) ), it'll help. Or better yet find a car with it already fitted (they're becoming more common).

I've found that FWD is far more forgiving, mess up a bit and you can recover, RWD mess up especially with big power, and you're in the ditch wishing you'd used a less... or worse...

PEACE

I went from a 230bhp RWD car to a 350bhp RWD car...and still lost it.  From FWD to that much power - urk!

Get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC, get RLTC.

I've found that FWD is far more forgiving, mess up a bit and you can recover, RWD mess up especially with big power, and you're in the ditch wishing you'd used a less... or worse...

Yeah tell me about it :(

But I still torture myself by coming here ;)

Hi Mycroft

I am interested in learning car control technique from you.

pls let me know what dosh you will charge and what you can teach me.   I've heard about oversteer and jargony stuff like that but i'm not too sure what it all means or what to do when it happens!    

any advice gratefully received mate.

cheers