The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon boot lid on white supra yes or no

hodge

Well we've got some mixed reviews really.

Anymore for anymore.

Well, anything that people change from stock is going to get an opinion, but carbon definitely does.

After what you did with your other Supra, I'm sure it'll look great - can't wait to see it finished.

Infact that's a point - sorry if you've said - when are you hoping to have the car finished mate?

Well, anything that people change from stock is going to get an opinion, but carbon definitely does.

After what you did with your other Supra, I'm sure it'll look great - can't wait to see it finished.

Infact that's a point - sorry if you've said - when are you hoping to have the car finished mate?

I've no idea when it's gona be finished. Xmas ate into my saving big style and with me being off work on the sick after snapping my achilies also too a hit cos I don't get sick pay but hey happy days.

Personally I'd like it finished by suprapod but I don't think it's fezable.

I've no idea when it's gona be finished. Xmas ate into my saving big style and with me being off work on the sick after snapping my achilies also too a hit cos I don't get sick pay but hey happy days.

Personally I'd like it finished by suprapod but I don't think it's fezable.

Xmas?! Yeah, tell me about it...!

I forgot about your achilles, how's it coming along? I did my achilles years and years ago, was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Hurt like hell.

Are you doing all the work on this one, on your own, again? I'd love to do something like a project, but just don't have the know how, never mind the finance.

Hope you get it finished by then mate.

I think it looks pretty cool, esp with a carbon bonnet, maybe even a carbon roof skin ;)

But then i like how carbon looks on cars when done right, judging frm another post about a carbon bonnet that was recently put up on here i know some here prefer the all one colour look on supes, as opposed to with carbon panels, prob what causes the divide in opinion.

Do you like how it looks Hodge?

Xmas?! Yeah, tell me about it...!

I forgot about your achilles, how's it coming along? I did my achilles years and years ago, was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Hurt like hell.

Are you doing all the work on this one, on your own, again? I'd love to do something like a project, but just don't have the know how, never mind the finance.

Hope you get it finished by then mate.

Yep I'm going everything myself again apart from the paint. I've got some good mates (members on here) who help me with the stuff I need an extra pair of hands for, I.e Bossco and Kenny.G

Massive thanks for all the help guys it really is appreciated.

I've just been mulling over this and was wondering, would a carbon boot increase noise in the cabin I.E exhaust and road noise. Also will it creak and rattle. If the answer to any of these is yes then it's gona be a no from me and I'll be sticking with the stock boot.