The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap Tyres Worth It?

devan

It's always worth checking your local suppliers though. Mine is always either cheaper than the internet suppliers or within few quid, and it's less hassle to use them.

Well said. Camskills has been recommended to me in the past mind, and obviously on this forum.

I use 452's, and I've used Ecstas as well. Didn't have a problem with either.:thumbs:

I'm still gutted that Falken no longer make 452s in the supra's stock 16" size. They were perfect for my style of driving (sedate). I've since bumped up to Toyo R1s, which are a good tyre but I don't think I get my money's worth. I didn't really want to downgrade to Hankook or Nankang, but this thread is food for thought.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/265-35YR18-Hankook-K104-Sport-Car-Tyres-265-35-18-NEW_W0QQitemZ280447749596QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Tyres_RL?hash=item414bfd0ddc

Hmm, Just started saving up for a mortgage deposit, and really dont want to spend £300+ on rear tyres, What would your thoughts be on these, its only n/a. :)

i run these on the supra excellent tire. there discontinued now. or superseeded evo k110 as good if not better then sp 9000 i had before

Well ive got my tyres, only took 12 hours to get from CamSkill (Carslile i think it said on the receipt) to my house in Scunthorpe. Camskill are extremely quick with orders and courriers, will definately be using them again.

They used Initial City Link to deliver the tyres, and as i said took 12 hours to get here. Compared to the Royal Mail who still havent delievered my air intake pipe part from club member Robert, which he posted on monday 11th!!!

sorry to hijack the post but do you have any problems putting the power down using the 452 on a single as i struggle with bpu twins?

If you struggle in the dry i strongly recommend you have your geo looked at. Mine was ok in the wet but couldnt lay any power down but safe enough if driving "normally"

Well ive got my tyres, only took 12 hours to get from CamSkill (Carslile i think it said on the receipt) to my house in Scunthorpe. Camskill are extremely quick with orders and courriers, will definately be using them again.

They used Initial City Link to deliver the tyres, and as i said took 12 hours to get here. Compared to the Royal Mail who still havent delievered my air intake pipe part from club member Robert, which he posted on monday 11th!!!

I used camskill a few times now and they have always been great. My mate had a set that never arrived and they didnt even question him and sent out another set asap and then the others arrived.