The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hey from australia

Guest blownminiturbo

Aaron, I agree with a turbo kit I can make more power but it is only at the higher revs, so I might hit the redline pretty quickly before I can get the full power out of the turbo. Is it not right that the redline is at 6500 rpm and the turbos dont kickin until 4000rpm, leaving me with 2500 rpm to play with? If I use a twin screw roots supercharger, I can have power right from idle 800rpm or with a centrifugal supercharger I have power from 2500rpm right upto idle? I may be wrong but what do you suggest?

Guest blownminiturbo

sat some of the manifold back together with fuel rail and injectors in. just have to get the brackets to hold them in. nobody seems to want to part with them lol

Guest blownminiturbo

and dont mind the mess been working on my brothers car redoing the suspension so had to move everything to the back of the shed with the motor haha

ill be doing a bit of polishing on the manifold and throttlebody today hopfully bring them back to a good shine :)

edin. if you want to supercharge it go that way. if you wanna turbo it go that way. all i can tell you is supercharge will be better off the line but the turbo will whoop it in mid and high. wit hturbo lag you can just get a smaller a/r ratio turbo which wont push as much power but will spool up alot quicker. and remember you have 4l to play with. ive seen a few 1uz's with either gt35r or t04z running standard internals on around 12-15psi and getting 450-500rwhp and still really responsive spool up.

Guest blownminiturbo

a yut mechanic? lol i work for holden. honda and hyundai.

mainly work on what you guys know as vx8r or something.

there are some really nice cars down here but alot of crap aswell.

Guest blownminiturbo

haha nah sorry im not greek, haha im not sure what photo you got that from lol.

yeah its good to see adam do so well he has always been hard at work trying to get through the ranks down here. and was a really nice guy. just hope fame hasnt changed him.

Guest blownminiturbo

insulator gasket has turned up. ill have to get longer manifold bolts. also started repolishing the manifold and throttle body.

Guest blownminiturbo

almost finished polishing the throttlebody.. some really hard to get bits.

also brush painted the throttle cable brackets as were getting a bit how you going. and yes needs another coat :)

been trying to get some more done on the manifold but gave up as getting sore fingers from sanding haha

Guest blownminiturbo

haha thanks george and creative

xr8 hmm... id say a good exhaust, a cold air intake or atleast a k&n panel filter. shave the heads and get a nice cam for it.

and a supercharger! haha umm yeah haha i havent done much with fords only kinda played with the dirty 4l straight 6 which i know with some headwork a cam and a freeflowing exhaust my mate can whoop 95 percent of worked v8's. either that or its a freak motor we made accidentally lol done low 12's naturally aspirated untuned..

sat the manifold on to see how its looking. ill do some more hard to get places may try a dremel or something cause there is still one place that looks shit, inbetween where the idle control motor bolts on and the outlet for the map sensor. then ill get back to cleaning the motor and getting them cam covers polished up.

might look into clear powdercoating the polished bits see how that holds up..

ill also have to take some better pics with my camera not my phone haha

Guest blownminiturbo

cam cover 1 is almost done just have a few small marks to try get out. very annoyed the 2j castings have alot deeper pin holes so cant get them all out as dont want to thin the metal too much just in case. also started on the belt tensioner.

have got the injector plate, cam seals and rocker cover gaskets yesterday. also thinking wha i should do with the engine lift brackets. as they are metal i cant polish them without rusting so i may take them off for a cleaner look after i get the engine in.

oh yeah... and car is re-registered!! wooo

although the 1j is tired still goes hard haha

Guest blownminiturbo

haha thanks yeah ill be at a racetrack doing the gate today should be around 26 degrees and sunny. haha

sat cam cover on and got some other small bits fitted. still polishing tensioner and taken turbo housing off to polish.. thats gonna take alot of work so many deep cast grinds around it lol

Guest blownminiturbo

thanks stevo.

turbo is coming along. gave it a hit on the buffer still needs alot more work but should come out nice and shiny. same with the tensioner.