The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1JZ conversion

ray007

be careful buying a cheap uncared for soarer. Chances are, the turbos are going/gone and the engine has been thrashed within an inch of its life. Buy the soarer with the intention of using the engine and not the turbos and you wont be disappointed.

i wouldnt say that soarers are driven very hard,

tbh they are not very sporty cars at all standard.

all brown & automatic interior, mature drivers car id say.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200953349282836/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/lexus/model/soarer/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/cf434ht?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpostcode%2Fcf434ht%2Fradius%2F1500%2Fmake%2Flexus%2Fmodel%2Fsoarer%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc%2Fpage%2F1&logcode=p

(obv the manual drifty ones different) but standard id say their ok

there much work/parts using the R154?

bellhousing, clutch and master/slave cylinder, pedal, that it?

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the Supra auto is different from the Soarer auto - electronic line pressure control vs cable line pressure control, so you would need the Soarer 'box with the Soarer ECU.

im picking up a complete soarer auto 2.5tt.

i have an na auto and a 5speed manual to play around with, so im thinking since im getting the soarer auto box and ecu and everything else it would make sense to do the conversion to the auto sup?

still cant make my mind up, im picking up the soarer on saturday.

• 1 year later...