The mkiv Supra Owners Club

no warm air from heating on going problem

catfish man

If you happen to be around your engine bay with a camera in your hand over the next few days, could you take a photo of the offending area please so I can check that mine are on the correct way? :)

Or I could take a photo of mine and post it up here.

I'll have a look in my pics and see what ive got

as silly as this may sound an no doubt you have checked , but i had same problem i changed the heater matrix an all that etc, to find out it was a 10p fuse in the drivers footwell lol :(
thankgod no more cooking for a few days :eyebrows: im free to start on my heating problem:innocent:

had no time to do nothing :search: before i rip out the matrix ,does anyone know if both pipes are hot on matrix does this mean the matrix is running fine?

i put the temp to hot and felt both pipes and they where hot

then set to cold and still both pipes are hot?

both my flaps are moving inside the car no problems there

a few have told me to change the temp dial? but if the flaps are moving would this be the problem?:search: does the dial do anything else apart from move flaps? i dont have a clue im only a mad chef:eyebrows:

thankgod no more cooking for a few days :eyebrows: im free to start on my heating problem:innocent:

had no time to do nothing :search: before i rip out the matrix ,does anyone know if both pipes are hot on matrix does this mean the matrix is running fine?

i put the temp to hot and felt both pipes and they where hot

then set to cold and still both pipes are hot?

both my flaps are moving inside the car no problems there

a few have told me to change the temp dial? but if the flaps are moving would this be the problem?:search: does the dial do anything else apart from move flaps? i dont have a clue im only a mad chef:eyebrows:

Both pipes should be hot

The temp control as far as i can see operates a water valve on the top of the matrix, the pics i posted in post number 16 is where the rod is attached to the servo motor.

Before you rip out the dash try doing this, you'll need some coolant first to top up the rad though and check the expansion tank is at least half full.

Then, take the radiator cap off and fill the rad to the top so its virtually overflowing, start the engine and let it tickover for a few minutes to get it to its operating temp, do this with the heater set to full hot and put the fan on so you can check the heat coming out the vents, keep an eye on the rad as the engine warms up as you could very well see air bubbles popping up through the filler neck, if the level in the rad drops keep topping it up till full, once the car is at its normal running temp the thermostat should be open allowing the coolant round the whole system, check the temp gauge in the car is where it normally sits and check the heater to see if its now hot, if not try raising the revs on the car to around 1500 - 2000 rpm for say 5 seconds, this should make the rad overflow but when youve let the throttle off you could well move an airlock in the matrix which happened on my car, straight after doing this my airlock came out and the heater went from stone cold to very hot in a matter of seconds.

Good luck

This is best done with someone sat in the car to raise the revs and check the heat coming out of the vents, you can also help by turning the heater up to full hot and back to cold which should be opening and closing the water valve.

Do this from cold though as taking the rad cap off can be quite dangerous if the car is already warmed up as the system will be under pressure and very hot.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)