The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New EU Legislation for new Cars

Jellybean

I read about that, stupidly stupid for a couple of bonnet dampers & some sensors! The new Mercedes E Class also has the same system, so imagine when they have to get the dampers replaced if they have a small knock. Thing is, these are one use systems so they can not really be "reset".

If these are the new rules then I'll make sure I get a older car. I was going to buy a Nissan 350Z but when I said you have to pay £400 a year for road tax I was no way, then I thought...maybe a Honda S2000, its only a 2.0 litre engine...erm that will be £400 please! :blink:

All these are money spinners, I agree with the safety aspect of its great but charging you £2,5k for all this I don't agree. Also with the £400 a year tax they get, which they hardly use to fix the roads I would think they would help towards things like this.

GPS is not a problem, I am sure after a few weeks we will find out how to take it out & stick it on my bicycle. :D

I would love 400 a year tax, over here we have to pay 1400 for tax and when the emissions tax rate comes in it will be 2000K

I don't know if it's been answered yet, but there has been concern that if all vehicles have daytime running lights it will nullify the effect of motorcycles using dipped headlamps during the day

In fact, it might make the situation worse, because a bike headlamp in front of all the other lights may act as optical camouflage, and make the bike "disappear".

I don't know if it's been answered yet, but there has been concern that if all vehicles have daytime running lights it will nullify the effect of motorcycles using dipped headlamps during the day

In fact, it might make the situation worse, because a bike headlamp in front of all the other lights may act as optical camouflage, and make the bike "disappear".

well said i was just about to post the same thing when i came across your post, once again bikers get the short end of the straw when it come to saftey !!

well said i was just about to post the same thing when i came across your post, once again bikers get the short end of the straw when it come to saftey !!

It was a joke when it became compulsory to only allow one headlight to be lit on bikes. Reason it looks like a car far away. :blink:

Personally I find it difficult to be certain someone has their indicator on with dipped beam lights during daylight hours. It's the cars that have their indicators inside the dipped beams are the worst. I noticed the new Audi's sidelights dip/dull down when the indicator is turned on. The new Astra has the indicators next to the foglights away from the running light, probably for the same reason.