The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got Lucky Tonight!

Golfpro

Really? As long as the colour itself is not a candy /flip type paint, you should be fine respraying a panel. I used to have a car that had a huge amount of metal flake. It's only in the laquer anyway, you won't notice a difference in how it sparkles lol.

The sparkle coats are a hand mixed combination of purple and blue sparlkes layered up in several coats over the basecoat then clearcoated.

The sparkles themselves actually change the colour of the paint below so if they are put on in the wrong mix, to dense a mixture or too many coats then the car will be completely different.

I watched him applying the sparkle coats and the difference between each mist coat was amazing. Each time it looked like a completely different car.:search:

The original painter thinks that they might need 4 or 5 goes to get it right so it would be cheaper to do the whole car.:faint:

Gutted for you mate knowing the work that's gone into it since you bought it, at least you're ok which is the main thing :) I'd have thought assuming it's only cosmetic damage that you'd be looking a bill of maybe £800 (incl wing mirror and repair and paint of the side of the car) and should be ok insurance wise.

Must be the time of year over here, someone reversed their towbar into the middle of my ridox bumper a week or two ago.

£800 thats just stupid. To be right it looks like it needs a new quarter panel.

The sparkle coats are a hand mixed combination of purple and blue sparlkes layered up in several coats over the basecoat then clearcoated.

The sparkles themselves actually change the colour of the paint below so if they are put on in the wrong mix, to dense a mixture or too many coats then the car will be completely different.

I watched him applying the sparkle coats and the difference between each mist coat was amazing. Each time it looked like a completely different car.:search:

The original painter thinks that they might need 4 or 5 goes to get it right so it would be cheaper to do the whole car.:faint:

so a little more than 800 then ;)

Hmm I just didn't think the actual metal flakes would affect the colour of the car, seeing as they only ever show up in the light anyway! Maybe it did affect my car, I only ever saw the finished result :D

Hmm I just didn't think the actual metal flakes would affect the colour of the car, seeing as they only ever show up in the light anyway! Maybe it did affect my car, I only ever saw the finished result :D

Just google Auto Air Colours Hot Rod Sparkle;)

They are semi opaque flakes so actually refract the light rather than just reflect it. Almost like a flip flake!!!

Can't believe everyone's harping on about the repair job! :rolleyes:

The guys just narrowly missed been taken up the ar$e at about 60mph! He could easily be in intensive care now.

Glad you're o.k mate; to be so close to something that could have ended up a lot worse must be shockin!

Just phoned the cops to get the incident number for the insurance. Unbelievably they don`t have my car listed as part of the accident!:complain:

Hard to believe their incompetance!

There were two CID policewoman immediately at the scene of the crash as they were only a few cars in front of the crash. They took everyone`s names, addresses, phone numbers etc.

When the traffic cops arrived (half an hour later) they didn`t take any names or numbers and started measuring distances where the carswere finally parked/crashed despite me telling them that the accident happened 100 yards further back up the sliproad.:clown:

Luckily I know the cop who was doing the report so I`ll have to give him a bollocking.

Just phoned the cops to get the incident number for the insurance. Unbelievably they don`t have my car listed as part of the accident!:complain:

Hard to believe their incompetance!

There were two CID policewoman immediately at the scene of the crash as they were only a few cars in front of the crash. They took everyone`s names, addresses, phone numbers etc.

When the traffic cops arrived (half an hour later) they didn`t take any names or numbers and started measuring distances where the carswere finally parked/crashed despite me telling them that the accident happened 100 yards further back up the sliproad.:clown:

Luckily I know the cop who was doing the report so I`ll have to give him a bollocking.

They are unbelievable, they just dont want to know.

Car is very fixable (is that a word?) thankfully you are not injured id the main thing

and a good chance to fit clear side repeaters .........

One indicator is now clear.;) The coluored plastic lense was sliced off without damaging the light fitting or paintwork. That`s what I call a close shave!!!