The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CW "mini group buy" fast road pads

Suprasteve

The only pads i do for AP six pots are Performance Friction carbon metallic pads, in all available compounds, but they are VERY expensive. Sorry.

How much would a front pair be Chris? Im looking at AP originals or Endless atm, so I know what sort of money these things go for ... unfortunately. Sorry for getting away from the original thread ... I'll email if preferred :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure whether I'm right in thinking this, but I thought this was to buy 4 'sets', not 4 'pads'.... as in 4x4=16 pads.

Hence, the 'group buy' part of this deal.

Chris would then send the sets to one person and they could distribute.

Chris, could you confirm/deny?

Confirmed. I need one of you to accept all the pads in one box, with a minimum requirement of 4 full car sets, which we seem to have easily exceeded, and for all who want them to confirm. I'll set a deadline whereby all cheques must be in to me, once they clear I'll send the pads out. It seemed straightforward enough at the time I thought of it....

:D

I would think the easiest thing to do would be for someone to bring them to one of the upcoming shows that probably most people will be at anyway and distribute them there. Anyone not going can then have them posted if they want. Japfest is coming up soon, how about there?

i need mine sooner than the shows, probably wont even be at the shows.

chris, how much would it cost us for you to post individually?

standard parcel rates:-

Maximum weight Price

1kg £3.60

1.5kg £4.63

2kg £4.97

4kg £7.20

6kg £8.17

8kg £9.32

10kg £10.00

20kg £11.65

+£1.75 insurance upto £250

so i would imagine that postage will be about £7 (a set can't weigh more than 2k)

if everyone chipped in £2 over the postage cost i'll take them wrap them in cardboard and post them on.

Sorry to sound stupid here but the costs were listed as £140 plus £10 for P&P. So, what does that £10 cover? Surely it isnt to send to someone else other than the individuals? If that is the case, then 4 sets of pads would be costing £40 to deliver to one address. :eek:

That's the same as I thought.... the prices were listed as £140 +£10p&p.

Chris : do you get your discounted offer price through buying in bulk? And then once you receive the bulk order do you not simply use the extra £10 to send pad sets out to individuals who sent you a cheque for £150 (£140+£10) ?

I also may need new pads before some of the major meet ups.... I'm off to the Nurburgring in June and I can foresee that I'll be needing a new set when I return ;-)

Gonna drop out of this one.

Jap Spec Fast Road Full Set (cost £120 + £10 P&P)

1. Secondjump

2. Penguin

3. tbourner (Trevor Bourner)

4. TazUK

5. Dave S

UK Spec Fast Road Full Set (cost £140 + £10 P&P)

1. Suprasteve

2. RobSheffield

3. Ian C

4. SimonB

5. AJI

6. eyefi

7. CJ

8. Branners

Cars in for a full service on tuesday, so not likely to have pads by then, have to drop out this time :(

1. Secondjump

2. tbourner (Trevor Bourner)

3. TazUK

4. Dave S

1. Suprasteve

2. RobSheffield

3. Ian C

4. SimonB

5. AJI

6. eyefi

7. CJ

8. Branners

hope im not to late am i ?

1. Secondjump

2. tbourner (Trevor Bourner)

3. TazUK

4. Dave S

5. bammbamm

1. Suprasteve

2. RobSheffield

3. Ian C

4. SimonB

5. AJI

6. eyefi

7. CJ

8. Branners

I can see this isn't going to happen, so to avoid disappointment I am willing to send pads individually at the above prices *BUT* with P&P costing 6.80 a car set. I will ship only full car sets. Either a full car set of J-Spec or a full car set of UK spec. So thats 126.80 for J-Spec, and 146.80 for UK spec. Offer lasts until end of May 2005 or until stock has been exhausted, whichever occurs first. Cheques payable to Gatesgarth Developments at Newbury House, Lower heath, Shropshire, SY13 2BT *PLEASE* put your REAL name, what you need and the delivery address on a seperate piece of paper in with your cheque, and a contact phone number would be helpful. Over to you. I can't do more, I was hoping to be able to pack in bulk and ship to a single address, but I can see the logistics of this becoming impossible for you to collect from such a single point of origin.

Bubble wrap and tape are at the ready!

• 2 weeks later...