The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Induction kit in NA - is it worth it?

jonathanc

Btw, just curious, how much will it cost (plus an estimate of labour) for a full TT conversion? Also how long will this normally take?

Doing the swap is actually quite simple, if it's an NA autp to TT 6spd swap then 2-3 days if you have someone doing it full time, though a week is more realistic to troubleshoot potential problems.

There are quite a few places that do this as a trade. (AFR, Keron and Jezz to name 3 that come to mind). The engine swap is normally around £1700, the 6spd swap (the expensive part) around £2500. You would get a discount doing the two together as it's far more cost effective to do it in one.

Doing the swap is actually quite simple, if it's an NA autp to TT 6spd swap then 2-3 days if you have someone doing it full time, though a week is more realistic to troubleshoot potential problems.

There are quite a few places that do this as a trade. (AFR, Keron and Jezz to name 3 that come to mind). The engine swap is normally around £1700, the 6spd swap (the expensive part) around £2500. You would get a discount doing the two together as it's far more cost effective to do it in one.

Timeframe and cost (for the engine at least) is not bad. Worth a thought ;)

I could leave it in auto but I guess with an engine as powerful as that its best to have a manual.

From the for-sale thread it already has had a full geo done, so that's a major bonus :) I don't know the last owner, but DR Blackman took really good care of that car judging by his posts on here. If all is in order there isn't a great deal you can do with the car unless you want to convert it to TT.

This is one of the examples of cars where I'd actually recommend it over selling and buying a TT. It's a late model NA and in a very nice colour and condition.

Thanks Homer :)

Yeah my old car was truely loved like all my cars are :)

I put a Blitz panel filter in the stock box when I 1st had the car which made her slightly more responsive but guess its in need of a change now (few years later that lol).

As for the rear brakes, format zero must of changed these as all was stock jspec brakes :)

It is a carbing strut brace from Nic as he thought :)

4 wheel alignment was done a few months before formatzero had it. I had Ibrar look over all the suspension etc when I had the rear tyres replaced and he said all was perfect a few years ago once again but all in all it was a low mileage genuine car you have bought :) Pleased its still in the club :)

Enjoy her! Still miss her :( I'm about to buy a house otherwise i'd of had her back!

Dave.

Thanks Homer :)

Yeah my old car was truely loved like all my cars are :)

I put a Blitz panel filter in the stock box when I 1st had the car which made her slightly more responsive but guess its in need of a change now (few years later that lol).

As for the rear brakes, format zero must of changed these as all was stock jspec brakes :)

It is a carbing strut brace from Nic as he thought :)

4 wheel alignment was done a few months before formatzero had it. I had Ibrar look over all the suspension etc when I had the rear tyres replaced and he said all was perfect a few years ago once again but all in all it was a low mileage genuine car you have bought :) Pleased its still in the club :)

Enjoy her! Still miss her :( I'm about to buy a house otherwise i'd of had her back!

Dave.

Ah, I noticed a blue filter as well and suspected that it was a Blitz one. I resetted the ECU and its better to drive now :D Maybe its just me but it did make a difference.

The thought of fitting an induction kit did come to mind, mainly just for the sound but after reading the comments of this thread I most prob get another Blitz filter and thats it :p

Is this the right one btw?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLITZ-LM-PANEL-FILTER-TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80_W0QQitemZ280400575133QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item41492d3a9d