Stock boost levels?

95SupraTT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the first cat is there.. How would i go about getting it removed.. And will i pass emissions inspection?.. And if i leave it,, can i not go bpu?..

I'm not sure what emission regulations you have in the US, but in the UK a Supra will usually pass the emissions test with only the 2nd cat fitted. The 1st cat is the most restrictive of the 2 so if needs be you can just run with the 2nd cat fitted.

i just ran to the garage and i looked through the engine bay and didnt see any cat and checked again underneath and its one 3 inch pipe going to the rear near the differential then joining to the hks exhaust... so all i will need is a fcd, fuel pump, boost controller, and colder plugs and im at bpu level??.. but i plan on installing a fmic with piping.. and pulleys.. what times should i be running?.. and actually,, what times should i be running now with the exhaust, decat, and hks bov..???

i just ran to the garage and i looked through the engine bay and didnt see any cat and checked again underneath and its one 3 inch pipe going to the rear near the differential then joining to the hks exhaust... so all i will need is a fcd, fuel pump, boost controller, and colder plugs and im at bpu level??.. but i plan on installing a fmic with piping.. and pulleys.. what times should i be running?.. and actually,, what times should i be running now with the exhaust, decat, and hks bov..???

Nic mentioned the u.s spec had a larger fuel pump already mate so you may not need that. bpu supra times down the strip i would say low 13,s 13.1 if your good :D

Don't think you'll see the 1st cat looking in the engine bay, as it is buried underneath the turbos, you'll have to get right under the car to be able to see it.

You don't need a fuel pump the US spec pump flows more than the JDM and should be fine.

You'll need

Decat Pipe(s)

Spark Plugs

FCD

Boost Controller

Don't think you'll see the 1st cat looking in the engine bay, as it is buried underneath the turbos, you'll have to get right under the car to be able to see it.

You don't need a fuel pump the US spec pump flows more than the JDM and should be fine.

You'll need

Decat Pipe(s)

Spark Plugs

FCD

Boost Controller

Sorry for hijacking, but I have a US-spec with these mods and I boost 1.3bar without a boost controller, Is it possible for me to restrict it more to maybe 1.0-1.1bar? without installing cats again? I never heard of US/EU-spec used restrictor rings

the car as of now has a hks drager exhaust,, no secondary cat definitely.. i have to double check to see if the 1st cat is there.. it has a hks seq bov.. and greddy boost, exh temp and oil press gauges.. thats it.. so all i need to do is decat the 1st pipe.. boost controller,, fcd??? and colder plugs?.. im also next week putting a fmic with piping, and intake.. DEFINITELY..

Sorry for hijacking, but I have a US-spec with these mods and I boost 1.3bar without a boost controller, Is it possible for me to restrict it more to maybe 1.0-1.1bar? without installing cats again? I never heard of US/EU-spec used restrictor rings

A US Supra shouldn't boost to 1.3bar without a boost controller, it should be around 0.8-0.9bar. Are you sure you don't have a manual boost controller (bleed valve) fitted in the engine bay?

the car as of now has a hks drager exhaust,, no secondary cat definitely.. i have to double check to see if the 1st cat is there.. it has a hks seq bov.. and greddy boost, exh temp and oil press gauges.. thats it.. so all i need to do is decat the 1st pipe.. boost controller,, fcd??? and colder plugs?.. im also next week putting a fmic with piping, and intake.. DEFINITELY..

Yes just decat, FCD, plugs (see HERE) and boost controller.

If you're buying a FMIC, go for a decent quality one, not some cheap thing of ebay.

Ima retard.. I cant believe this,, i get in the car.. Im talking to you guys.. I go shop around for a boost controller.. And i have one.. I just bought the car so i know squat.. It hit 1.1 bar

Are you able to get in touch with the guy you bought it from and see what else they had fitted it might save you a lot of hassle.

THEN HOW COME IM RUNNING SO SHITTY AT THE TRACK?.. MY LAUNCH IS HORRRIBLE,, IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BUILD BOOST OFF THE LINE AND CANT,, IF YOU WATCH THE VID I RUN THE FIRST TIME.. AND A COUPLE RUNS AFTER,, NOTCE HOW YOU DONT HERE MY CAR COME ON LINE FOR A WHILE AFTER THE 60 FOOT,, THEN ITS MOVING.. I HAVE TO HAVE A SHOP LOOK AT IT AND TELL ME WHATS IN IT.. FOR ALL I KNOW THE THING GOT A T88.. JK..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiA5kQSZLco

A US Supra shouldn't boost to 1.3bar without a boost controller, it should be around 0.8-0.9bar. Are you sure you don't have a manual boost controller (bleed valve) fitted in the engine bay?

I'm 100% sure I have no boost controller, my car was 100% stock when I bought it.

Maybe it is because of the cold weather in EU? My mod list:

HKS FCD

HKS super dragger + decat pipe

Blitz sus air filter

HKS SSQV

Greddy spec M FMIC

and my DEFi boost gauge shows 1.3 on highway pulls