The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spiritual successor to the MkIV Supra?

Guest J35_T3R

It's all very well tuning them for power, they have turbos so no big deal. The hard bit is getting them to out-handle an M3. The suspension is significantly different.

Well I suppose the 335i has the advantage of being lighter than the M3 so after a few grand on suspension and getting it setup I would think you'd come close to the M3's ability.

Also looked at what they cost to tune/tinker with, £599 for a delimit! although they can get to 425hp for £3-4000 (cheaper if you source parts on your own), seems bpu cost more when you own a bmw:)

Factory standard: 306 Bhp @ 5800rpm / 400Nm @1300 rpm

After conversion : 381 Bhp @ 6250 rpm / 525 Nm @3750 rpm

Ok so a 'stage 2' which is a akin to BPU yields that? Intercooler, inlet, sports cat + remap. But why on earth are they comparing the torque figures at such a vastly different rev range?

Ok so a 'stage 2' which is a akin to BPU yields that? Intercooler, inlet, sports cat + remap. But why on earth are they comparing the torque figures at such a vastly different rev range?

After remap 520 Nm @ 2750 rpm

Sorry to be picky, but that brings it closer into the same rev range.

Someone made a typo I think!

How did BMW go from getting 320 bhp from a 3.2l NA to getting 306 bhp from a 3.5l(?) twin turbo?

Hardly what you'd call progress is it?

It's not a 3.5 litre, it's a 3 litre twin turbo.

Don't take any notice of the numbers on the cars, they do not always refer to engine capacity.

How did BMW go from getting 320 bhp from a 3.2l NA to getting 306 bhp from a 3.5l(?) twin turbo?

Hardly what you'd call progress is it?

It's more than horsepower. There's torque, emissions, driveability, etc.

The 3.2, S6 343bhp N/A engine was an M-series engine, which was for the flagship, and has been replaced by the 4.0 V8, 420bhp - that's the progress.

The 335i, essentially is an upgrade to the "baby" M3, which is probably the 330Ci MSport - they've put a brace of turbos on, incresed the power from 265ishbhp to 306bhp, with a lot more torque and driveability - so that's the progress there...

You weren't really being fair in that comparison ...

Guest J35_T3R

The 3.2, S6 343bhp N/A engine was an M-series engine, which was for the flagship, and has been replaced by the 4.0 V8, 420bhp - that's the progress.

The 335i, essentially is an upgrade to the "baby" M3, which is probably the 330Ci MSport - they've put a brace of turbos on, incresed the power from 265ishbhp to 306bhp, with a lot more torque and driveability - so that's the progress there...

The main one being emissions, thats why the next M3 will have a 6 cylinder turbo charged engine and the next M5 will be based on a V8 turbo too.

Fairy nuff:)