The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My ever-evolving Rear End!

Elliot

Wahey! Got it back today & looks like they've done a great job. It looks so much cleaner now :)

As you can see - gone is the rear wiper base & sprayer, aerial, Toyota badge, Supra Badge

See - no aerial!

All I need now is a rear bumper without a foglight cut in. Fingers crossed I'll get my clear conversion lights (sprayed silver) from Ray soon, and get my foglight conversion kit from Emin on Monday or so.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats looks much better.

Thanks!

Forgot to say they sorted out where the window spoiler brackets had been (they left a mark) & at the front/passenger side they did some work tidying up a previous bit of mess!

There's still loads I want to do, but it's all money I suppose.

Like I said, when I saw it without the spoiler yesterday, it did look good.

Next time I get some work done down there, I might have a serious think about it though. It has a kind of grown on me since I bought it though (even the window spoiler was starting to grow on me!)

There must be at least one person who likes it?! (apart from the previous owner, who bought it!)

Yup, poll it is! what options do you reckon?

Do you like this spoiler?

Yes, I love it

Yes

Not sure

No

No, I hate it

I'll put a few photos up as well.

No,I hate the spoiler,ruins the lines of car and looks too boy racer/fast and furious

lovely car needs rod millen/TRD wing with carbon insert IMHO to go with bonnet.

Yup, poll it is! what options do you reckon?

Do you like this spoiler?

Yes, I love it

Yes

Not sure

No

No, I hate it

I'll put a few photos up as well.

Maybe a better poll would be:

What should I replace my spoiler with:

RMM

TRD

Stock

None

:p

Sorry Elliott, it just lowers the whole tone of Supra ownership m8. Turns a once £42k motor into a potential £2k chav-mobile and fair game for the guys at barryboys.co.uk! That festering mechano-set eyesore should be dumped asap.

Pity i don`t have a spare one or you`d have it for free.

Guest Choctastic

As a girl and knowing absolutely nothing about cars...(only a member of this site cos my boyfriend owns a supra and i enjoy reading the forums)...looks of a car are the only thing that matter to me, and i'm afraid the spoiler has to go, get a nice one that fits with the sleekness of the car itself! :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update - Ended up doing the clear lense conversion myself, and spraying the insides silver.

Still waiting for my foglight kit to arrive, and still after a silver bumper!

Oh yeah, haven't done the spoiler poll yet! :) So no more ribbing (for now!)

Get rid of the spoiler! :p

Whatr foglight kit you getting? Could you not convert one of the reversing lights into a fog, simple and clean

I'm getting the kit from Emin on here (I hope!), it basicly converts the two inside (or outside) brake lights to be permanently on when you flick the foglight switch on.

When it's off, they work as normal. (I think) ie all four on, and brighter when you brake.

I thought about the reversing light, but when you reverse supposedly only one comes on because of the fog light being in there. Also, I didn't want to put a red bulb in the clear lense.

Oh yeah, I had to paint the indicator bulbs, because I couldn't find anywhere that sold the correct ones - anyone else have to do this, or did you find the right bulb somewhere? It still looks great, and gives a really bright "indicate"

I thought about the reversing light, but when you reverse supposedly only one comes on because of the fog light being in there. Also, I didn't want to put a red bulb in the clear lense.

So what happens with the kit when you have the fogs on and brake? :looney:

With the reversing light, yes you will only have one of each, still totally legal, and an LED fog bulb will be clear not red too. Thats what i'de do anyway :)

So what happens with the kit when you have the fogs on and brake? :looney:

With the reversing light, yes you will only have one of each, still totally legal, and an LED fog bulb will be clear not red too. Thats what i'de do anyway :)

I think I read somewhere that the LED wont get through MOT or something? I have tints, so the more light when reversing the better! :)

Saying that, I'm not entirely sure that having them wired into the lights is strictly legal for the MOT. I think there's a spacing issue (too close to the other lights or something!?) but I can't remember if anyone had ever been failed for this.

When the foglights are on, and you brake - the 2 outer brake lights brighten up as normal (the inner foglights are permanently bright) plus, if you've got a J-Spec, the LED strip lights up too! :clap: