NA Supra - Sprint/Track setup

AlexM

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that does look fun :) wish i could afford to run another car. would be nice to see how a TT would do. Dont think my lardy full weight uk car would do much. yours looks well planted!

Give it a go Guigsy, you can enter for only one event as a 'reserve' to see how you get on. I'd imagine a Supra could surprise a few, especially at an airfield event!

Nice result Alex, well done matey :)

Interesting dyno result, you have 10bhp more than mine but 10lb/ft torque less, wierd shit.

Thanks Neil.

Did you have your dyno run at SRR? Is your comparison ATW?

Give it a go Guigsy, you can enter for only one event as a 'reserve' to see how you get on. I'd imagine a Supra could surprise a few, especially at an airfield event!

Thanks Neil.

Did you have your dyno run at SRR? Is your comparison ATW?

Not done at SRR but will be done soonish.

Forgive my ignorance but why do u have 2 bhp results for the car on the same date??? Only ask cos I'm takin my n/a to SRR and hoping it breaks the 200 mark stock...

The lower graph (173.8 HP) is the power and torque at the rear wheels, which is the important one. The other (215.1 HP) is the estimated power and torque at the flywheel, aka the willy waving figure (not that I can boast about much with 215 HP :)).

The lower graph (173.8 HP) is the power and torque at the rear wheels, which is the important one. The other (215.1 HP) is the estimated power and torque at the flywheel, aka the willy waving figure (not that I can boast about much with 215 HP :)).

Hey Alex, how far are you allowed to modify it and still be legal in your class? You seem to be doing well and I'd love to see how you would do with a bump in power!

Looked like fun - well done on the result!

I suppose I could enter the MR2 into this, hadn't thought of that. It wouldn't be competitive on a track like the one in your vid though, the Supra is much quicker despite its extra weight.

The sprint events sound like a lot of fun. Nice smooth driving in the video. congrats.

Thanks. :)

Hey Alex, how far are you allowed to modify it and still be legal in your class? You seem to be doing well and I'd love to see how you would do with a bump in power!

The class I'm in is 'Over 1600cc Normally Aspirated', it's pretty free on what I can do. I've been looking at what I can play with but anything for the NA is quite pricey, so weight loss seems the best way to go for now.

I'd like to make the jump to class A3 (over 1600c Forced Induction, stock/hybrid turbos, stock ECU) or A2 (same, but ECU free) in the future. I was thinking of it for next year but there look to be quite a few people joining Class C (potentially at least one of those being in a Supra), so I may well stick with the non-turbo for a bit longer.

Regulations are here by the way, feel free to take a look. :)

Looked like fun - well done on the result!

I suppose I could enter the MR2 into this, hadn't thought of that. It wouldn't be competitive on a track like the one in your vid though, the Supra is much quicker despite its extra weight.

There's an MR2 in our class, he was running third and very close on times. He's pretty new too, so they're definitely competitive.

If you've got the free time it'd be great if you made it to a couple of events, you could run two drivers on one car too so a bit of practice for both of you! :D

There's an MR2 in our class, he was running third and very close on times. He's pretty new too, so they're definitely competitive.

If you've got the free time it'd be great if you made it to a couple of events, you could run two drivers on one car too so a bit of practice for both of you! :D

Might take you up on that invite :)

When are the next rounds, which is nearest to me/Dunc (Stockport)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alex,

Contrary to popular belief, you can get a noticable gain in both torque and bhp from an economic DIY induction mod.

1 x 4" plastic soil pipe elbow

1 x 4" plastic to 4" clay rubber adapter

Off cut of 2mm alluminium

3" K&N (or A.N. Other) filter

1 x 75 - 102mm 90o rubber or silicone elbow

1 x 102 - 102mm 45o rubber or silicone bend

1 x 102 - 75mm 45o rubber or silicone bend

Glue (I found Loctite silicone the best)

Shrink tube

Bubblewrap

Heating engineers tape

2 hose clips

It sounds a bit 'Blue Peter' but it works a treat, looks good too.

There are some snaps of it in various stages, here and there on pages 2 & 1 in the album in my profile.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

No progress on the car, however Round 3 was yesterday and I took second in class, and tenth overall (should be very good for my points haul!). Overall results can be found here and there's a video over here.

I really need to get the rear adjusters sorted for Barkston next month..

• 8 months later...

I have (for better or worse) decided to make the jump to a Twin Turbo 6 Speed, as I was hankering for a 1JZ-GTE and a weld-in cage I felt that was the best route to take. However, I've already put together quite a 'to do' list for the new car and the first sprint is in 3 weeks - so as this car is almost ready to go I've decided to run this for the year and set the new one up in the background, hopefully saving some money in the process!

Plans are minimal:

Flush Fluids & Replace Plugs

Replace broken window winder on drivers side

Replace windscreen wipers (ebay aero wipers went hard, and are now useless)

Replace drivers seat, unless I can remove the minor movement on my Recaro Speed seat - the scruineers weren't keen last year

Free up those rear adjusters (they're still seized!) and get the geometry done properly, the car is too tail happy at the moment

Finish removing any sound insulation I can reach, and give the interior a good tidy up

Smaller steering wheel, if I can find one I like!

• 1 month later...

Hey Dan, car is now finished with - after my second driver dropped out I moved the insurance over to the TT6 so I could get it road registered (still waiting for the forms from the DVLA!). I hope to sell it on to someone who will sprint it but I'll be removing a few parts first.

It's not you who's been eyeing up a Supra is it? ;)

Hey Dan, car is now finished with - after my second driver dropped out I moved the insurance over to the TT6 so I could get it road registered (still waiting for the forms from the DVLA!). I hope to sell it on to someone who will sprint it but I'll be removing a few parts first.

It's not you who's been eyeing up a Supra is it? ;)

awww what? gutted mate, will miss having it on the line up :( good to hear you're comin back with a TT tho, will be good for you to crack on with that mate, lots of talk about it so i know you are looking forward to it :D

someone will get a cracking car if someone is after a track supra B)

errrrrm........ me? surely not................ ;)