The mkiv Supra Owners Club

convoy to the meet on the 4th in perth?

drift_bear

Alright folks,

I will be heading to this meet aswell however I will be in Perth from the sat night as thats were my folks stay. The meet is actually about 20min drive outside Perth. Do you guys want to come through Perth so I can tag onto the convoy to the distillery?:)

If we are going past perth anyway then it sounds like a plan.. unfortunately i don't know perth very well.. i'd say if theres a services or petrol station just next to perth on the A90/M90 or south side A9 then that would be the best place for us to meet you?

i just did a quick google map route, i'm guessing that the way we will go.

attachment.php?attachmentid=99187&d=1254260357

the purple line is where i'm guessing we will be driving past..

Picture 001.jpg

is there anyone else putting there name down?

so far its as follows:

1. drift_bear

2. Renegade

3. MarkAB10

4. HateEvent

5. Supraspanner (meeting us outside perth)

anyone else that is wanting to convoy down, as said in the first post, we will all be meeting at makro car park at 9.30am and leave at 10am.

Thanks mate,

Dunno the easiest way to meet. Theres a petrol station on the perth side but you'd all have to fit in and wait. If someone could give me a buzz when you're on the kingsway I could easily catch you up.

ok mate, just fire your number to markAB10 think he will be leading the way, i aint the best at following directions or leading in that matter haha

yeah, just pm your number and i'll call you on the way down. :thumbs:

Alright

I will PM you my number also.

there is a couple of options for collecting me.

1. The services at broxden roundabout where the whole convoy can come in, only just off the route so no chance of getting lost etc

or

2. There is a layby on the A9 just after broxden roundabout, which if given enough notice I could wait in and keep an eye out for the train of supras. :D

Another point I should maybe make is that the turn from the carriageway into blackford is a right turn central reserve where you obviously have to cross the eastbound carriageway. I think the slip to this is a fair length but dependant on the length of the convoy it might be a bit of a safety issue with cars queing into the fastlane:blink: Sorry just a thought to consider, we do not want a big supra mess.

Alright

I will PM you my number also.

there is a couple of options for collecting me.

1. The services at broxden roundabout where the whole convoy can come in, only just off the route so no chance of getting lost etc

or

2. There is a layby on the A9 just after broxden roundabout, which if given enough notice I could wait in and keep an eye out for the train of supras. :D

Another point I should maybe make is that the turn from the carriageway into blackford is a right turn central reserve where you obviously have to cross the eastbound carriageway. I think the slip to this is a fair length but dependant on the length of the convoy it might be a bit of a safety issue with cars queing into the fastlane:blink: Sorry just a thought to consider, we do not want a big supra mess.

Ok, well i think the services if it is only a little bit off course would be best, altho i will need a post code/address as i'm relying on my trusty sat nav. I will give you a call/text when we are close to the destination.

Your point about the central reserve is a good one.. altho i'm not sure what we could do to avoid this? any ideas?

Ok, well i think the services if it is only a little bit off course would be best, altho i will need a post code/address as i'm relying on my trusty sat nav. I will give you a call/text when we are close to the destination.

Your point about the central reserve is a good one.. altho i'm not sure what we could do to avoid this? any ideas?

No probs, I will sort out a postcode and let you know.Although you go through broxden roundabout on the way so you cant miss it. Basically instead of taking the first left for A9 south you just follow the signs for Perth and services and it is just of the roundabout. I will sort this out tomorrow with a map.:)

The central reserve is pretty long so it reall depends on final numbers in the convoy. I dont think there is an appropriate place to turn further on without going for miles. The only other thing would be to split into a couple of groups when close to the turning to try and help the situation.:search:

i will have a think about this one tomorrow see if i can think of something.

I would say the best place to pick anyone up from Dundee would be the Horn as it is well signposted and on the route you could just pull in pick up and continue on route, you would not even need to stop in the carpark. Just an idea as it is a well known place.

Eve and I will not make the convoy as we will probably head off a little earlier in case we need to stop to feed the little one but will see you all there.

Keith

is this the final number for tomorow for the convoy down to perth?

1. drift_bear

2. Renegade

3. MarkAB10

4. HateEvent

5. Supraspanner (meeting us outside perth)

6. Mustang (meeting us in dundee)

just to remind everyone that were meeting at the makro car park at half 9 and leaving at 10.

just out of interest am i goin to be the only N/A going down? if i am then can you take it easy for me :p