The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sci-Fi Programs

Geo

sci-fi can be made in this country its just they choose not to for some reason, gone are the days of classics being created like starwars and the amount of people who think it was made in the usa is unbelievable it was filmed in ellestreet studios hertfordshire and the full size millennium falcon was built in pembroke docks lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sci-fi can be made in this country its just they choose not to for some reason, gone are the days of classics being created like starwars and the amount of people who think it was made in the usa is unbelievable it was filmed in ellestreet studios hertfordshire and the full size millennium falcon was built in pembroke docks lol

Yes, I know that, but it was funded with American money. A bit like the Batmobile in the new films. That was designed and made here, because the Americans didn't believe it could be made with that front wheel steering layout.

It is a shame, as we could easily make brilliant sci-fi, but no one invests in it. :(

It is a shame, the only sci-fi at the moment is dr who and torchwood which is ok, as its filmed all around my area and from doing promotions with my cousions company have met, and on 1st name terms with the actors in them. The best thing I have seen tho is Jeremy Bulloch (Bobba Fett) fall off a table pissed on red wine at a party we had lol

not too sure whats due out but something i have been watching is True Blood on FX and did you ever see he series Firefly it was the series created from the film Serenity

Serenity was filmed after Firefly the series to try and boost it back up.

Quite a shame they never carried on as i liked the series and then really enjoyed the film

And im hooked on true blood at the moment. really good series

sanctuary and fringe are another two that i was watching, now they are good

I loved sanctuary when it was webisodes

And the series was even better and fringe was great

My favourite was SG1 though.

SG1 will always be my favourite too, followed closely by SGA and hopefully SGU will be great when its out in October

I've not enjoyed any of the sci-fi series mentioned in this thread other than SG1. I couldn't/can't get into SGA and all the others i have watched an episode or 2 and got fed up with. I've got all the x-files on my MCE so i'm working my way through them at the moment.

Its great when you don't watch something for years and years you forget everything about it. I have only seen a handful of episodes that i properly remember.

I'm watching the one with the smoking man's past at the moment, great episode.

My advice is to pick something from the past and watch it rather than from the present.

I guess series that i have watched every episode of fit into the ideal for me.

Stargate SG-1

X-Files

Quantum Leap

Star Trek TNG

A lot of the series mentioned in this thread aren't Sci-Fi though. I would mention knight rider but i don't think that can really be put into the above catagory.

Loved Fringe, also waiting for Lost and Heroes to come back. Watched Warehouse 13 last night and thought it was 'OK', wouldn't rave about it though.

I'm just watching repeats of Voyager on Virgin1 all the time, well until the missus comes into the room and it gets put back onto deadenders or some crap! Actually she admitted to really liking Transformers the movie, and because I made her watch First Contact a few months back, then she fell asleep half way through Nemesis, I told her she missed when Data died and she didn't believe me!! So maybe I can convert her with Trek!!

So ahead for "viewing" are

• FRINGE S2 – US premiere 17th Sep, Sky1 Oct 4th
  • HEROES S4 – US premiere Mon 21st Sep, BBC2 Oct/Nov?
  • FLASH FORWARD – Five Mon 28th Sep
  • STARGATE UNIVERSE – US premiere 2nd Oct, Sky1 Oct 6th
  • CAPRICA – Jan 2010
  • LOST S6 – Feb/Mar 2010

it worth watching the Sarah Connor chronicals.

That was cancelled after the 2nd season unfortunately

A show if you haven't seen which I can recomend is The Lost Room :)

• 1 month later...
I'm a tad annoyed that we will never find out what the real reason for the journey is as Defying Gravity was cancelled. What is Beta and what is in the storage pod?

I know what the story is for this, but I won't say because I think we will get to see all the episodes.

Wouldn't count on it...

I've seen 12 of the 13, and unless they answer a LOT of questions in the last episode I don't think we will.