The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Expendables - The movie

MaveriK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw it with my mrs and we loved it.

you cant go in expecting too much. It was the best action film ive seen for a long time. Sure there are parts that dont quite add up. willis and arnie just seemed to be in it to fill space but it was fun to see them with all the other big stars. Its also one of the funnyest bits of the film :D

Li played a small roll and seemed to be shoehorned into the plot a bit. But that doesnt matter. he has some good lines too and provided some good action although no amazing stuff.

It liked it for a few reasons.

1) lots of action stars all in one place. a few may be past it, but that was part of the fun i think.

2) nobody flying arrouns doing impossible stunts attached to wires.

3) very little (if any) cgi, i didnt spot any. it just makes it unrealistic in an action film.

4) cars dont flip and barrel roll with people still hanging onto the roof with one hand while fireing a gun and killing people just because someone nudged the bumper. (diehard 4 suffered from this kind of bollocks)

5) very funny moments in places.

I had 2 particular favorite bits, ill try not to spoil it. When they fly the plane back arround after visiting the istland for the first time :D

When whats his name blasts his way down the coridoor with his semi auto shotgun and you get a side on view. :D

A pile o'$#@!e?

Exactly!

Leave your brain at the door action. Definitely some guilty pleasure to be had though.:D

Storyline was pretty thin on the ground(was it ever going to be anything else?) but the action was superb fun, especially the bit with Statham and Lee working together. Oh and the aeroplane part was:cool:

Definitely worth a watch.

2) nobody flying arrouns doing impossible stunts attached to wires.

I know what you mean in that respect, but didn't you think that with every other move they performed in a fight sequence being coined from the WWE, it was a bit too much? Even Jet-Li was pulling off Wrestling moves! When he did a hurricanrana, i was like, oh... dear...

Plus there was loads of CGI frags in the film.. shotgun moments.

I had 2 particular favorite bits, ill try not to spoil it. When they fly the plane back arround after visiting the istland for the first time :D

When whats his name blasts his way down the coridoor with his semi auto shotgun and you get a side on view. :D

especially the bit with Statham and Lee working together. Oh and the aeroplane part was:cool:

Yeah there were some great moments. The airplane and the over the top use of the AA-12 was nuts! Even at the beginning with Doplh and the grenade launcher! :D

When Stallone was using the Machine pistol and quick reloading, now that was :cool: It reminded me of that real life youtube video of the guy with the fastest reload. I'd link it but no access as work.

At the Rotten Tomatoes or something similar? I'd spend your money on some old dvd, this looks proper $#@!e.

I agree. The film was basically Stallone, Li and Statham. There was a bit of Dolph thrown in, but Mickey didn't do anything in the film. Arnie and Bruce? Might have well not been in it.

A UFC fighter and a WWE actor hardly buck up the roster.

I've just come back from watching this. It's really odd how old-school the movie is. It seems to be an odd tribute to a bygone era. I did enjoy it purely for the shooty bits.

The plane scene with that swoop on the harbour was epic. Also the black guy (forgot his name) with the AA-12 shotgun was brilliant!

The action was visceral but what I didn't like was how shaky the camera was during many fight scenes. Jet Li did not utilise his martial arts all that well and some of the gags were cringe inducing.

I didn't think it was too bad, I was expecting something far worse, but this filled a hole like a big mac. You know it's bad for you, but that doesn't stop the fact it tastes good.

When I saw the AA12 me and my bro (who I went with) were like "COD!!!"

I loved the result of Dulph's "warning shot" - that had me in stitches.

I enjoyed the film. I went expecting corny 80's action and it delivered. I never like the soul searching for an excuse to go shoot everyone but it put a smile on my face in places. It has a little slow bit for about 20mins in the middle but apart from that its quite good.

you know what to exect when you go so if you dont like Rambo style plot, dont bother with expendables.

For me, bring on expendables 2..:cool:

Ahhh, great minds my good man. Let us continue to bask in our loser-like aura while all others are crushed by choking weight of being winners.

Was I the only one that thought there was a fair bit of Noobtubing in the Expendables?

Haha you muppet. Yes there was. THe AA-12 shotgun blowing up buildings was a bit odd though lol! Still badass!