The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec Bonnet Scoop poll...

deathmonkey

Bonnet scoop or not... that is the question...!  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Bonnet scoop or not... that is the question...!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would these be the right part numbers for everything needed?

76181-14900

76182-14010

76184-14010

76187-14010

76192-14010

76192-14010

93567-14512

90179-06058

90179-06299

90999-91057

This is what I found:

Scoop, hood 76181-14900

Guide, hood air intake 76182-14010

Protector hood scoop, No. 1 76183-14010

Protector hood scoop, No. 2 76184-14010

Retainer,hood air intake(2) 76187-14010

Plate,hood scoop 76192-14010

Screws (8) 93567-14512

Nuts (4) 90179-06058

Seal,hood air intake 76186-14010

Also this post from Jake.

This is what I found:

Scoop, hood 76181-14900

Guide, hood air intake 76182-14010

Protector hood scoop, No. 1 76183-14010

Protector hood scoop, No. 2 76184-14010

Retainer,hood air intake(2) 76187-14010

Plate,hood scoop 76192-14010

Screws (8) 93567-14512

Nuts (4) 90179-06058

Seal,hood air intake 76186-14010

Also this post from Jake.

Cheers Kev

I shall get a price from Mr T today:)

you dont have to have all the pipe work i just drill 2 big holes under the scoop to let the air pressure out works fine and no rain gets in there
Doesn't a forward facing scoop force air into the engine bay as opposed to a bonnet vent which pulls air out as faster air travels over it?

If you are adding a bonnet scoop don't half arse it. Do the job properly.

Brett i think Mawby was pointing out your error about letting out pressure, a scoop doesn't work that way. More air from a scoop in the right place is better, it can cause havoc if not directed properly. I think you can get away with vents anywhere as they draw out hot air from wherever they are and don't cause pressure build up. Could be wrong though.

If you are adding a bonnet scoop don't half arse it. Do the job properly.

Brett i think Mawby was pointing out your error about letting out pressure, a scoop doesn't work that way. More air from a scoop in the right place is better, it can cause havoc if not directed properly. I think you can get away with vents anywhere as they draw out hot air from wherever they are and don't cause pressure build up. Could be wrong though.

no matey i drilled 2 holes to let the air out of the scoop or at high speed it would have been ripped off this has let the air pressure out of the scoop ;)

Sorry slightly off topic...dont mean to hijack the thread...but...Speaking of pressures...

On the TRD Bonnet are the 4 vent supposed to draw in air or release it?

When im sitting in traffic loads of heat escapes up through the vents which are actually right above the engine fan. I think its supposed to push air out, but at motorway speeds i wonder if it still pushes air out or whether air begins getting sucked in.

Sorry slightly off topic...dont mean to hijack the thread...but...Speaking of pressures...

On the TRD Bonnet are the 4 vent supposed to draw in air or release it?

When im sitting in traffic loads of heat escapes up through the vents which are actually right above the engine fan. I think its supposed to push air out, but at motorway speeds i wonder if it still pushes air out or whether air begins getting sucked in.

At speed the air going over the top of the vents creates a mini pressure drop which pulls the hot air out of the bonnet along with the air passing over the top.

In summary the air is still sucked out of the top :)

HTH

I love um, and was trying to order one from Nic before he went :(

Like many have said, it does depend on kit and colour. At the moment I'm going for the full OEM look, have got the skirts and spats, am now getting the scoop and active spoiler, and all in black oh yes :)

anyone want to buy a silver vielside C2 kit? lol as im getting rid of that now!

Not a fan of the UK spec bonnet scoop, I like the idea of it, I just don't like the fact that it looks like Toyota were sat around one night and someone said, "Oh balls, we forgot to put a bonnet vent in!" then someone else said "Ah no bother, we'll just stick one on".

It looks too 'stuck on' for my liking, if it was more integrated into the bonnet in some way I'd love it.

I just bought a new hoodscoop (still in box) from a Supra owner in Canada. I thought I would include pictures of all the parts I received incase it helps anyone (the part numbers match up to Kev.O's post):

Pic 1 : Hood protector

Pic 2 : Hood air guide

Pic 3 : Hood bulge plate

Pic 4 : 2 Retainers

Pic 5 : Hood bulge

Not pictured : 4 nuts and 8 screws.

100_1970.jpg

100_1969.jpg

100_1966.jpg

100_1964.jpg

100_1963.jpg

Edited by TooColdToDrive (see edit history)

If its what i'm thinking of its just double sided sticky foam. Means that when you are tightening down the hood it squishes it nicely and isn't paint to paint contact.

You can always see the foam gap though which really annoyed me so i didn't put it on.

• 4 weeks later...

AGh! Bump! I just realized I don't have the metal air guide! I guess it didn't come with the kit :( And I'm scheduled in the shop for installment tomorrow! What are the problems I/the shop face if I don't have the metal air guide? What are the problems I would face driving the vehicle without a metal air guide? Thanks guys.

Edit: Nevermind :) Seems it will fit without.

Edited by TooColdToDrive (see edit history)