The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spraying engine bay parts ???

Jamesy

Here's a pic of mine from about 3 years ago after I attacked it with some yellow paint (don't ask, but I've always gone for a black and yellow combo on all of my cars ... it's like my 'thing' that I do).

Anyway, it turned out pretty good in the end, and the paint is still going strong with no cracking or peeling. The only areas where paint has come off are the bits where I have dropped spanners, or slipped with a screwdriver etc :p.

I just had a really hard time finding all the pipes I needed in yellow, which is why there is some 'rogue' blue in there :rolleyes:

Cheers, J

i like that a lot mate - yeah change those couple of blue bits for black ;)

did u just use normal halfords paint stuff? do you just sand it and paint or do you primer it first?

what do you guys think of BLUE parts in mine??

i like that a lot mate - yeah change those couple of blue bits for black ;)

did u just use normal halfords paint stuff? do you just sand it and paint or do you primer it first?

what do you guys think of BLUE parts in mine??

I've gone for the blue silicon look in mine:

Just got the radiator hose to sort and then possibly spray the spark plug cover blue too.

Like you, I'm curious on what paint etc to use when spraying plastics in the bay, but no-one seems to be giving you a clear answer yet!! lol

Sorry, busy day at work!

Hmmm, it was a while ago now so I don't remember exactly what I used. But the paint was definately heat-resistant (goes without saying), and I definately put laquer over the top.

I know what you mean about the blue hoses. As I said, I was looking everywhere for some yellow ones, but never found any. I've been out of the country for the last 2 years though, so I'm back now with a list as long as my arm with what I want to do ... one of them being to clean up the engine bay :)

Cheers, J

I had Dave (SUPRALOOPY) to paint my spark plug cover, fuse box battery clamp and relay cover in the same colour as my car is so not to sure how heat resistant that paint is but its been done ages now and touch wood no problems so not sure how heat resistant the paint needs to be!!;)

nice one.

so halfords paint will do.

so here goes.................

sand it down

spray letters first - then put masking tape over all lettering

2 coats of primer

2 coats of colour

2 coats of laquer

and bobs ya uncle??

Make sure you give it a good clean first. I sprayed all of it then did the letters by hand with a small paint brush.

if I do it again i'm probably going to use heat resistant paint.

Make sure you give it a good clean first. I sprayed all of it then did the letters by hand with a small paint brush.

if I do it again i'm probably going to use heat resistant paint.

you must have a VERY steady hand my friend!!