The mkiv Supra Owners Club

induction kit

Guest rustybolt

Guest rustybolt

i have a supra na is it worthwhile getting a induction for it if so which one or just leaving it standard as i wont gain much from changing it

Stick with stock panel filter for best performance. Other than stock TRD, Blitz and Apexi in that order.

An induction kit has been know to give flat spots in performance at the mid range. Not sure why but maybe heat related?

tradeing standards did tests on induction kits at rolling motion in south wales on 3 cars ,

a focus rs, mg zt and a v8 rangerover

the focus came off 7 bhp down after the induction kit was fitted . the mg lost 5 bhp and the v8 rangy lost 12 bhp just from messing with the inlet.

it goes to show that the verry inteligent people that designe the cars and the way they breth do it that way for a reason.

just to mention the shelf price of the kit that went on the focus cost over £200 to lose power

the problem wasnt less air flow , it was the fact that perticularly on the range the engine was now breathing air straight off the red hot manifold hence the drop in performance

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

Don't do it. I fitted one to mine and promptly removed it. It honestly made it feel awfull.

When it got to 4k when it would normaly pick up in power, there was a noticable flat spot followed by juddery acceleration for another 500 revs before it picked up.