The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi all from aberdeen

drift_bear

shut it moonbean, with your freakishly tiny... hands. :p

You know what they say about people with small hands!

monsween;2446028]drift_bear - newburgh

HateEvent - Culter

monsween- Town (Ferryhill)

kslb-Newmachar

Eve-Newmachar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you kind people able to help out my friend?

he has been given a mk2 scirocco gt with only 36k genuine miles on the clock. he is wanting a supra badly and is wanting to know if anyone would be wanting a swap? it needs mot and tax but the engine runs like new and smooth in every gear, manual choke still works aswell!

its been dry stored for 5-6years so theres no rust and its like new!

should pass the mot no bother so we have been told, he just hasnt got the time to do it due to working away alot and being oncall.

its on pistonheads titled "ultra low miles" cant get the link just now cause im using my phone.

would anyone in the area been willing for a swap?

hope you are as helpful for him as you are for me.

cheers guys!

They buy powerfull cars to compensate.

Now, what power is yours again keith ;)

Are you saying I have small hands? I am sure this is an attempt at a comedic insult however it appears to have failed.

I am sure having small hands has its advantages and it is nothing to be ashamed of or get deffensive about, I suppose they make things you hold look a lot bigger than they actualy are!

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1099991.htm

This is the link to the vw but to be honest for a 1.6 gt this is a crazy price and I would be amazed if it made over £1200 as it is not a desireable engine or colour. The scirocco is a lovely car and this one may be low miles but with no tax or test and the wrong engine to attract buyers it will struggle to come close to £3500.

We are nice people on this forum but your friend needs a reality check.

Welcome...great bunch in Aberdeen. We've had a few great meets over the last couple of years.

End of August would be good and we might even have a sprog to introduce to the Supe world. Gotta get a car seat in my supe for that though, otherwise I'll get relegated to the surf!

Hopefully see everyone soon...

managed to get back onshore for a couple of hours so im grabbing the chance to go and see a manual n/a at a garage to see the price and etc.

had a nice offer from greenauto so if this 1 is as good ad he says to drive then it will be hard for me to pick, only cause ive never drove an automatic before :imsorry:

will try and get sum pics aswell

Hey Guys,

Well Alex had a look at my Sup today and seemed pretty keen.

Not sure if he's sold on the Auto box, having never driven an auto before. I tried to reassure him that it's a bit daunting to start with but you soon get used to it.

I guess only time will tell. I've got to admit it did make me wonder if I was doing the right thing in selling, but practicality is calling, at least for a wee while.

Dave

all i can say is daves supe is unreal!

after having a quick shot of the auto i can safely say that it would take a while to get used to!

but im sure i would manage to get used to it :p once i get of this boat me and dave will meet up again and take it from there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's a sad day for me tomorrow and a happy one for Alex.

It's taken a while for it to really sink in that I'll be selling the Supra. It did today, feel a bit like my arm has been cut off or something and was just about in tears telling my mate about it earlier.

But, everyones gotta move on. I've got to go 'practical' (boring) for the next wee while, I'll be back soon once I've actually sold some of the vital organs and hopefully be driving a nice 6-speed bpu twin or big single from the likes of Jurgen or Paul. Can't see me leaving the passat standard for long either.

Alex seems like a good bloke and hopefully you're all gonna help him out as much as you've helped me in the past. Only request Alex don't go veilside, I will hunt you down. :p

I'll still be around and look forward to my comeback someday soon.

Dave

Aw mate,

Really glad your happy with her. Got to say although not what I'm used to the passat is a nice wee runner and should do just what I need from it.

Have fun and be gentle till you get the hang.

Dave

yeah i will be mate dont worry, gettin new tyres and a/c re-gassed tomorow when im back.