The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had a go at Time Attack at Brands Today

Wez

Howdy All,

First off a huge thanks to Tony and Ryan for helping me out today, Tony travelled down with me yesterday and Ryan arrived first thing this morning, top stuff :thumbs:

Another thanks to Paul, Steve and Ben for all the pointers :thumbs:

I did an evening trackday at Brands on thursday to test the car which went well, I will post the video up later. Friday morning I thought sod it and booked up for Time Attack.

Now onto the event, wow what an experience and a bit of an eye opener to say the least, anyone who says Time Attack is an amatuer series is a little bit misguided.

My best time was approx 1min which I believe placed me at 22 out of 25, not the best result but hey you live and learn :innocent:

Tony took some pics which I am sure he will post up at some point.

Pics

http://www.asdesignsweb.co.uk/photos/albums/time%20attack%20-%20track/normal__MG_1309.jpg

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/round-4-gallery/rich_sams_ta_rnd4_121.jpg

:thumbs:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, would love to have been there. Something like that i really fancy having a go at but I need so serious practice before I would even consider it.

Sounds like a good day. How much was it for the one event if you dont mind me asking?

How much was it for the one event if you dont mind me asking?

The events are not too bad, £241 each.

Depending how you go about it there can be many other costs, I rented a trailer and stayed in a hotel nearby, you are looking at a set of tyres per event as well which have to be Toyo.

You also need FIA approved clothing, if you have aftermarket seats and harnesses they also have to be in date and FIA approved along with the helmet as well, no motorbike helmets like trackdays.

Yep, it was great to see another Supra(and you) out there doing its stuff, we need more though, the more the better, it improves the breed and pushes you to go faster and faster. Me and Steve have found that out, we end up trying to out do each other and it works a treat.

Are you going to do Snetterton Wez?

Yep, it was great to see another Supra(and you) out there doing its stuff, we need more though, the more the better, it improves the breed and pushes you to go faster and faster. Me and Steve have found that out, we end up trying to out do each other and it works a treat.

Are you going to do Snetterton Wez?

Thanks paul :thumbs:

As for Snetterton, its a possibility but I am undecided at the moment as I have never done the circuit before, I am going to see if I can squeeze some trackdays in and will decide then.

I also drove home with the timing beacon still attached to my car, I will get it posted back tomorrow :innocent:

Thanks paul :thumbs:

As for Snetterton, its a possibility but I am undecided at the moment as I have never done the circuit before, I am going to see if I can squeeze some trackdays in and will decide then.

I also drove home with the timing beacon still attached to my car, I will get it posted back tomorrow :innocent:

Do it mate, you'll like Snetterton. Brands and Snetterton are my 2 favorite circuits so far, both completely different though, Snet suits the Supra as well with those 2 big straights.

Well done mate, its good to see new people joining in.

Funny how the perception is different on what time attack is once you've had a go... it becomes a bit too addictive.

Top man for stepping up and trying and as Paul said - try and do Snetterton as it really suits the Supras. Loads of run off as well.

Wez, had no idea that was you. Have you considered using a rear spoiler if you're doing track work?

The problem is finding one that's actually going to do anything beneficial. I've yet to find one that looks like it's really going to work. It could end up a lot of trial and error buying wings, flow testing them only to find that they're not doing much but adding a lot of drag then having to find another wing....

I might look at doing something bespoke if it looks like rear grip is seriously compromised, but not until then! ;)