The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member looking to buy 1st Supra.

0lly

Prefer black cars but no turbo timer,

Don't let the lack of a Turbo Timer put you off any Supras. For one thing they're cheap enough to buy and fit, but the main thing is they're pointless anyway. (and they make void any alarm's CAT1 certification)

Don't let the lack of a Turbo Timer put you off any Supras. For one thing they're cheap enough to buy and fit, but the main thing is they're pointless anyway. (and they make void any alarm's CAT1 certification)

It's not that I'd need to buy one, it's that the turbo would have likely gained premature wear?

Pointless? I always thought it was fairly important?

Point taken though that you can't run the alarm and turbo timer.

You know more about Supras then me so I'll take your point onboard :)

It's not that I'd need to buy one, it's that the turbo would have likely gained premature wear?

Pointless? I always thought it was fairly important?

Point taken though that you can't run the alarm and turbo timer.

You know more about Supras then me so I'll take your point onboard :)

As Jake said, pointless.

The turbo timer just runs the car idling for a while when you turn it off. It's much better to cool the car down whilst moving to avoid possible engine damage.

I'd never use a turbo timer, it's a lot simpler to run off-boost for a minute or so then turn it off as normal. Simple :)

Guest twinturboted

I need help to sell my lovely tt blacek beauty with reversing camera built into tv in on board tv dvd head unit its auto de restricted pillar digital dials must be viewed in chester vented bonnet needs a little bit of paint to front end full kit not right off never raced or damaged emergrating need a quick sale new cam belt and bottom pully engine sweet no smoke or rattles gud mot and tax either will garage it for 2 years of contract or sell it need the dola might ebay her while away or take best offer.a bargain spent 3 grand on mods cheap bargain.

comes with private plate jjz*4*4

Edited by twinturboted (see edit history)

As Jake said, pointless.

The turbo timer just runs the car idling for a while when you turn it off. It's much better to cool the car down whilst moving to avoid possible engine damage.

I'd never use a turbo timer, it's a lot simpler to run off-boost for a minute or so then turn it off as normal. Simple :)

I must admit, I often drove the last few minutes avoiding boost so I could turn off the turbo timer manually as the neighbours hated it when I got out my car and left it idling for a minute or 2 with the exhaust blaring away!

Both cars have there plus points, I prefer black but I also prefer lower mileage and bigger brakes :)

Ah the weekend can't come quick enough!

I appreciate your thoughts by the way guys, certinaly helping me out.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a UK TT very close to me. It's at 82k and he's asking £5,800.

Full respray and bodykit - Only problem is it's a Veilside...

Recent cambelt change, alloys, exhaust.

Of course would have to change the bodykit but other then that good potential buy?

I see the UKs go for a fair bit more.

Advive appreciated :)

Ollt