The mkiv Supra Owners Club

General rant about insurance companies...ie cant value a supra for Sh*t!!!

Sean1933

I know i work for an insurer too however I deal with injury so hopefully im not viewed as an idiot!?

As may of you may know i recently (well not so recently anymore, Early February) wrote off my Single tubby manual supra. After 3 months of arguments, numerous lenthy complaint letters and hours of prepping documents/examples i was today today given my final settlement offer....apparently you can buy a 550BHP single tubby manual supra for £7000...anyone care to show me where!? This is after 2 different engineering companies have given their 2 pennies worth, who apparently know about modded vehicles...clearly not.

Im livid and so stressed with all this, i even lost a house i wanted to buy because i didnt have the money for the deposit, which i should of had months ago! If i hadnt of crashed then i would of had the money 4 months ago as the car was sold for £14K!

Sorry for the rant guys, just needed to vent.

Oh and anyone looking for insurance on a modified supra, or any car for that matter (service was TERRRIBLE) DO NOT insure with markerstudy (policy was brokered via A-Plan).

Rant over, for now. :tongue:

I had this when my single Supra was stolen in 2005, I collected for sale adds from magazines, Auto trader and here and sent them to the insurer, they went from 10K to 17K in the end, still 2K less than I paid but close enough, took 6 months

Its a fooking joke, i put it in black and white with printouts and links to cars of a lesser spec for sale for what i sold mine for or more. I just dont get how retarded these people can be.

I have raised a complaint with the FOS (Ombudsmen) today, however i know they have a back log so its probably going to take 3-6 more months. Its so depressing, especially after I crashed the car I loved and built from the ground up which was bad enough! Half of me wants to walk away buy £7K is a hell of a lot of money to lose!

• 1 year later...

When I had to make a claim on a car they initially offered me half of what it was worth. After a few months of negotiation I got them to £12k and accepted. Unfortunately it's another known trick they use to try and make more money out of you.

Advice for anyone in this situation: dig your heels in and don't bend an inch. They take enough of our cash as it is without letting them off the hook for not doing what they're supposed to do and paying up in the event of an accident.

Problem is that they always argue that the price a car is advertised for is only a guide to how much they're worth. The actual value of the car can be very different.

Same way that the average sale price of a house is considerably lower than the average advertised price.

Same way that the average sale price of a house is considerably lower than the average advertised price.

Agreed, but with regard to car sales, where is the exact information kept about how much a sale ended up for, nowhere.

Its all speculation, every car advertised could go for what it was listed as for all they know.

Yep, sorry folks I was just asking as markerstudy are coming up the cheapest in the majority of deals brokers are giving me, inc agreed value. Just wondering how he got on with it as markerstudy don't appear to have had the best write ups from what I've seen.