The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do luck vs standard

jacko

Do-Luck or standard?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do-Luck or standard?

• Do-Luck
    • Standard

how do you mount the numberplate with do-luck bumpers??

See the attached pic. (Sorry about the dodgy angle!) Im thinking of going for a self adhesive style plate, and putting it in the 'mouth' part of the bumper.

Do-Luck front is very common, but you tend to find when a mod is as common as this, theres a good reason for it.

Stock with a nice lip looks great, suits a car with a stock spoiler. Do-Luck front looks nicer with a TRD spoiler. (Looking for a TRD wing at the mo if anyone is selling btw!)

Picture 002.jpg

Problem with that Scott is it's blocking half the IC intake which is a bad idea especially if it's not ducted behind the bumper (all the air will be going around the IC instead of through it, the plate will make this far worse.

Personally I never used a front plate on mine, only got pulled once in 4 years for it.

Problem with that Scott is it's blocking half the IC intake which is a bad idea especially if it's not ducted behind the bumper (all the air will be going around the IC instead of through it, the plate will make this far worse.

Personally I never used a front plate on mine, only got pulled once in 4 years for it.

I had no plate on the front of my single car for just this reason

Not really worried about that for day to day driving. Would certainly be removing it at any "events".

I thought about just leaving it off but the things cost me £50 so the wife said i'm using it lol.

:blink: I'm shocked at how many folk think that aftermarket bumpers look better than stock, I thought stock would get the most votes by a mile.

I think its to do with the 'type' of people who prefer stock being more vocal about their tastes. People who like aftermarket bodywork on here may sometimes stay quiet for fear of being torn to bits, or being called chavs.

(Im not pointing any fingers, or lumping people together here, and I think mkivsupra.net is one of the least snobby OCs - so there!)