The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best full respray colour anyone?

SupraRider

Hey Guigsy, please do! Look forward to it! I'm getting my car into the garage next sat.

Thanks!

on a serious not theough there is an RX8 that parks near my doctors that i cant take my eyes off when i drive past. its not quite a flip. but its too much for a pearl. its a dark blue with a hint of purple and an overtone of green. its absolutely stunning!

edit :-

I THINK its this "Aura Blue Metallic" only available on the "R3" whatever that is. Myabe ill go out and get a picture of it if your interested :p

Or possibly "Phantom Blue Mica" or "Winning Blue Metallic" but these also might be US paint names

Further edit - No its none of those. lol

hey keith,

got a recommendation from a club member on here to use a garage down in Ayrshire where his car is getting fixed as well. very reasonable price and also reputable in doing supras. he's done a couple of show cars for mags as well.

still thinking about the paint tbh...I'm buying the JDL kit tomorrow!

hey keith,

got a recommendation from a club member on here to use a garage down in Ayrshire where his car is getting fixed as well. very reasonable price and also reputable in doing supras. he's done a couple of show cars for mags as well.

still thinking about the paint tbh...I'm buying the JDL kit tomorrow!

That would be Simon mate.

My car goes in this Sat morning. :D

I like bright red.... (Audi/Fiat) its simple but makes the car stand out. Black/greys dont jump out at you on the road.

I agree, I have owned both Red and Black resprayed Supras and the Red gets the most attention by far

The black car cost a fortune to red one next to nothing, go figure !! :D

Is it just me or does the front half of the car look a different colour to the back end of it?? or is my eyes playing tricks on me??

You are right as I only had the front end sprayed, along with the door handles and mirrors, to be honest the camera picks up up more than in the flesh but Red is very had to match, it was the main reason why I decided to spray the whole car on the black one however, old paint aginst new is always going to show

A few mops may help, this was fresh from the paintshop

You are right as I only had the front end sprayed, along with the door handles and mirrors, to be honest the camera picks up up more than in the flesh but Red is very had to match, it was the main reason why I decided to spray the whole car on the black one however, old paint aginst new is always going to show

A few mops may help, this was fresh from the paintshop

can stop worrying about my eyes being feked up then, lol.

Agree with Keith a well polished Black Supra, is the best colour. Hence mine is getting done this colour again. :D

I looked at the TVR forum when i was choosing. They had a big thread on all the different colours they did :cool: very very sexual. Reflex Purple is my fav but i don't think it would look right on a supra. There is a nice whitey light blue they do. Althoughut supras don't suite sky blues, this one might work :)

you cant get a lot of the TRV paints any more (or theyre silly expensive) as theyre solvent based, including reflex purple as i was going to put it on mine, theres lots of simmilar non solvent based ones out there, but still silly money for the flips, and i can say from experience they show every bloody stone chip.

The black one is stunning the red one is just another supra. Black is so much nicer!

Your comparing the cars though there mate aren't you.

Red is brighter and doesn't sink into the background like black. I also think that people involuntarily associate red with ferrari/sports cars whilst black doesn't have the same appeal.

Black is a great colour but doesn't make the same impact.

I guess I just wanted options thats all. Doesnt mean that I'll follow to suit people's suggestions.. but hey, many advisors make victory sure!

I think I've come to a conclusion in my head (not the paint) but a paint colour that is not too much in your face, but rather gives it a subtle aggressive yet classy look since the JDL kit gives that sort of effect compared to a veilside/do luck etc...

I simply need the paint to match. I'm going to get rid of my spoiler too. so if anybody wants it, I'll sell it very cheaply as I don't think people will buy it anyway..(it came with the car) and its quite heavy, the gas struts can't support it.

Sure suprarider, I can give you some advice regarding colour. Love your pic by the way, you look really hot.

Colourwise, and based on the kit and style of your car, I would definitely opt for matt black. (stealth style).

Good luck.

I agree, I have owned both Red and Black resprayed Supras and the Red gets the most attention by far

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/tooquicktostop/SV201548.jpg

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/tooquicktostop/SV201333.jpg

The black car cost a fortune to red one next to nothing, go figure !! :D

How are your front number plate's attached on those pics mate? I like that placement.

Yes I agree...have had a few comments about matt black and its probably only suitable for lambos, not a supra.

Unless you have a lambo or something worth hundreds of thosands, matt black makes your car look like it's still in prima. I like my panels to look like they're made out of metal, not plastic.

Yes I agree...have had a few comments about matt black and its probably only suitable for lambos, not a supra.

I've seen a lot of cars finished in matt black because it's "different", including MR2's and an skyline, but everyone of them looks aweful.

They look like one massive unpainted black plastic bumper from the 90's!! :D