The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do i need to map my Supra?

ClaireRZ-S

Rob I think to run a car on Maxol's E85 fuel the car must be a flexi-fuel car or be mapped to run on it. Are you sure you don't mean the E5 fuel which they offer?

It apparently is 98-99 Ron but is perfectly suited to any car (unleaded)

I use it in my prelude and will use it in the supra when ready.

I had my supra j spec tt in ireland for a year running 95ron with octane boost as a result i blew a turbo and melted a cylinder cost me 5000euro for another engine after fitting it i was told to run 0.9bar only because any higher and it was causing major problems for the car through time. As a result i moved to the uk for better fuel 95ron is an issue for a j spec tt the only 2 options you have to run the car safely is an aftermarket ecu and mapped for 95ron with lower boost levels certainly not 1.2bar. or use the maxol e5 only and nothing else.

From Maxol.ie

" The Octane Rating of Ordinary unleaded ranges from 95.0 to 95.9 – average 95.5. The Octane rating of E5 is higher and has been measured at 99. "

Didn't think it was that high. That should be problems solved so. Question becomes "how do I get more ethanol to take it over 100 Ron" :D

I had my supra j spec tt in ireland for a year running 95ron with octane boost as a result i blew a turbo and melted a cylinder cost me 5000euro for another engine after fitting it i was told to run 0.9bar only because any higher and it was causing major problems for the car through time. As a result i moved to the uk for better fuel 95ron is an issue for a j spec tt the only 2 options you have to run the car safely is an aftermarket ecu and mapped for 95ron with lower boost levels certainly not 1.2bar. or use the maxol e5 only and nothing else.

Or Ireland to get out of the dark ages.

Or Ireland to get out of the dark ages.
Apparently they use to sell higher octane fuel mate but the govt banned it to keep high performance cars from gettin imported or something not too sure. I certainly got a shock when i moved there from ayrshire!

Go talk to the manager of the station or get on to Maxol themselves. Can't hurt to give them a nudge.

Short skirt might help :p

If theres enough demand in the area it should swing them to get the e5 to that station it worked in tralee im sure.