The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Water Injection by SRD

Chingy

Couple of questions :) looks a great job and hats off to Lee for sorting it out. Tidy job.

Firstly where do you have jets mounted? do you have one pre compressor?

Secondly what is the ratio of water:methanol you are using and is the pump capable of using pure methanol? I would like to see a test with say 50:50 water/meth gradually increasing the amount until you are using nearly 100% meth and the effect this has on timing at higher boost levels. Always been curious about this

Looks like he has one just before the throttle body, good for in cylinder cooling, and using one just post intercooler is good for general charge cooling, the usual mix is 30-50% meth.

You need to go over and ask on the water injection forum for the answers to the pure meth on timing at high boost, but off the top of my head i think it allows you to increase timing slightly, similar to using just water, in fact not a great advantage to using pure meth, but you need to have safeguards in place, in case of pump failure or blocked jets, or its by by engine;)

Bit too much risk for a road engine,

Nice tidy install. Didn't realise the pump had to be below the final nozzle connection position. Guess I'm b*ggered as it's in to the bottom of the SMIC hardpipe kit :D

the AEM does specify to have the pump and tank to be below the nozzle but this can easily be overcome with a small pressure relief valve that goes just before the nozzle, the pump needs to build something like 20 psi before it opens so it stops any "drain back", i think coolingmist do them

the AEM does specify to have the pump and tank to be below the nozzle but this can easily be overcome with a small pressure relief valve that goes just before the nozzle, the pump needs to build something like 20 psi before it opens so it stops any "drain back", i think coolingmist do them

Glad i bought Aquamist then;)

Is that a "spare" slot or a warning light altered Colin?

Thats the stock cat warning temp light

Slightly better picture of the warning light taken early on in the install, please excuse the sticker was only temporary for sizing :p

Nice tidy install. Didn't realise the pump had to be below the final nozzle connection position. Guess I'm b*ggered as it's in to the bottom of the SMIC hardpipe kit :D

Yeah as Paul's pointed out.

It reads in the installation instructions that the top of the tank has to be lower than the jet and the pump should be the same level or below the level of what the tank is mounted at :search::D

Couple of questions :) looks a great job and hats off to Lee for sorting it out. Tidy job.

Firstly where do you have jets mounted? do you have one pre compressor?

Secondly what is the ratio of water:methanol you are using and is the pump capable of using pure methanol? I would like to see a test with say 50:50 water/meth gradually increasing the amount until you are using nearly 100% meth and the effect this has on timing at higher boost levels. Always been curious about this

Thanks mate

I was told that the best place for the jet was just after the first bend after the throttle body, just a recommendation

Currently using a 30% Meth mix I think you can run upto 50% mix. Agree would be interesting to see the effects of increasing the amount, think Jamie is running a 50% mix