The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Installation of Recaro SPG using Universal Frames

jevansio

• 2 weeks later...

I started the job of refitting my seats using the 3mm steel today, what a PITA this is to drill!!!!!

Ended up f*cking up 2m of the stuff, and a set of drills, so at the mo I'm left without any seat.

Just ordered some 5mm aluminium and some new aluminium recaro side mounts to match, wish I'd just bought the f*cking bride frames from whiffin at the mo :bang:

I started the job of refitting my seats using the 3mm steel today, what a PITA this is to drill!!!!!

Ended up f*cking up 2m of the stuff, and a set of drills, so at the mo I'm left without any seat.

Just ordered some 5mm aluminium and some new aluminium recaro side mounts to match, wish I'd just bought the f*cking bride frames from whiffin at the mo :bang:

If you want to send the stainless down to me i can drill it for you in the work? It is a bit of a pain to drill as you need good drills and a decent amount of weight behind it to get it to cut.

To be fair though that just shows how tough it is ;)

Many thanks Scott buddy but I'm going to stick with the thicker aluminium. I managed to drill about 16 holes but it sure take it out of titanium coated bits (even when going slow with lots of water), if I could have used tungsten carbide bits it may have gone smoother :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the installation tonight.

I went with 1/4" aluminium instead of the 3mm steel.

The other seat isn't a Profi SPG, it's an Apex SPG, identical shell & weight, different fabric design, I kinda like the asymetry.

Just got to kit out the rear with some carpet to match the black front carpet (I'm using some speaker subbox type material) and fit the rear trim & it should be finished inside. Going for the Porsche GT2 type look :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=92933&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92934&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92935&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92936&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92937&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92938&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92939&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92940&stc=1&d=1243023262

attachment.php?attachmentid=92941&stc=1&d=1243023262

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

• 3 months later...
Looks good mate, i have mine on the bride runners but id like to lower my seats, do you think it would be possible to bolt the side pods directly to the floor or is the floor to uneven?:)

The floor is too uneven as it stands, I recall seeing a pic of the floor somewhere (maybe Ryans thread), & you could see the mounting points. Anythings possible, but bolting direct to floor (with custom mounts) you'll forgo any adjustment (I don't mind as there's only me drives my car & the passenger seat is mounted as far back as it'll go to cater for even the tallest passenger)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...