The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bumper hairline crack.. can they reappear after fixing?

TRACIE_LOU

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to sort my bumper out and who is actually covering the cost... as everyone now seems to be passing the buck (typical)....

Out of curiousity can you tell me how much it would have cost to fix the original damage that the garage done?

I will post pic...

cracked 066.JPG

cracked 067.jpg

cracked 068.jpg

Still trying to sort my bumper out and who is actually covering the cost... as everyone now seems to be passing the buck (typical)....

Out of curiousity can you tell me how much it would have cost to

No one is 'Passing the buck'.

Your bumper was damaged by our MOT station while your car was on thier ramp. They wouldnt cough up so we did. YOU took your car to a bodyshop we recommended where the damage was repaired, and we were invoiced for it. We didnt carry out the repair, so have told you to contact the guy that did. Whats the problem?

No one is 'Passing the buck'.

Your bumper was damaged by our MOT station while your car was on thier ramp. They wouldnt cough up so we did. YOU took your car to a bodyshop we recommended where the damage was repaired, and we were invoiced for it. We didnt carry out the repair, so have told you to contact the guy that did. Whats the problem?

Have to agree if thats the case. Thats not passing the buck, the repair has not been carried out properly, its now down to the bodyshop.

You can't very well pay for a repair then blame yourself when it cracks ;)

No hold on a minute i'm not bieng arsey, and i hadn't named any names jezz as not to get bad feeling.. i have never blamed QSD in the slightest and steve knows i have been very amicable as it was never his fault.... I have never once in this thread said who done anything i had kept names out...

At the end of the day my car was damaged.. we took it to the guy steve recommened to be fixed... and now the cracks are reappearing... the guy is going to re-do it which is fair enough.. but what happens if in another 2 months times the cracks reappear again... steve originally said he would cover it on his insurance now he states he wont.... so who is going to be out of pocket then.

Any of you that has their car damaged thru no fault of there own would feel the same... as i said i am not blaming qsd and never have!!.. I don't know where i stand on this i just don't want to be the one to have to be paying out for something that wasn't my fault!

No hold on a minute i'm not bieng arsey, and i hadn't named any names jezz as not to get bad feeling.. i have never blamed QSD in the slightest and steve knows i have been very amicable as it was never his fault.... I have never once in this thread said who done anything i had kept names out...

At the end of the day my car was damaged.. we took it to the guy steve recommened to be fixed... and now the cracks are reappearing... the guy is going to re-do it which is fair enough.. but what happens if in another 2 months times the cracks reappear again... steve originally said he would cover it on his insurance now he states he wont.... so who is going to be out of pocket then.

Any of you that has their car damaged thru no fault of there own would feel the same... as i said i am not blaming qsd and never have!!.. I don't know where i stand on this i just don't want to be the one to have to be paying out for something that wasn't my fault!

Sorry if that came across as arsey, it wasnt meant to be. I'm not fussed about naming and shaming QSD, hence I responded.

Pete is usually spot on, specially with the fibre glass stuff. He makes new bodies for £1'000'000 classic race cars, which is why we were surprised when you told us about your crack. (:taped::D)

I'm sure it will be all good this time, probably but a plate behind it and drill it as some have already suggested on here.

Sorry if that came across as arsey, it wasnt meant to be. I'm not fussed about naming and shaming QSD, hence I responded.

Pete is usually spot on, specially with the fibre glass stuff. He makes new bodies for £1'000'000 classic race cars, which is why we were surprised when you told us about your crack. (:taped::D)

I'm sure it will be all good this time, probably but a plate behind it and drill it as some have already suggested on here.

Yeah ihe's told us about what he does.. so hopefully this time it will be ok.... i am just worried thats all..:(

:p @ the you know what comment! lol

I know exactly where you are coming from. Initially the garage that did my work were all up for putting it right but became less inclined each time I took it back, eventually he told me it was pointless redoing it because it was just going to reappear. I've had to accept the cost now of putting it right be am free to go where ever I want now to get it done properly. Never again I tell you! Its really taken the shine off of the car, i'm sure the love will come back once its fixed