The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Marmite wheels for sale

pistonbroke

- Deep breath -

Driver side seat belt not retracting and fraid (MOT failure)

Clutch needs replacing ( seriously bad judder when warm )

Dash screws missing (so the top part is hanging off)

Airbag light staying on

Boot rubbers perished so it rattles like a bitch

Hego sensor hanging off (it was just wrapped around decat pipe)

Exhaust is in constant contact with rear subframe so it bangs about when the clutch judders

Headlights need replacing as there are big gaps around lense (where its been refurbed)

Rear bumper not secured underneath and is loose.

Both front wings not secured at all underneath and flap about.

Aerial not working and seized in the half up position.

Missing clips and screws in just about every piece of trim

rear fog light is one of the reverse lights with a red bulb, but it shows up pink (MOT fail)

Skirt spat things are held on with cable ties.

rust is starting to form between the boot lid and car body.

Inside trim of rear bumper missing

Driver side seat belt not retracting and fraid (MOT failure) - Passed only in December and you knew about that as you asked if Jez was still breaking cars as it would be easy to get one.

Clutch needs replacing ( seriously bad judder when warm ) - Clutch has just ben replaced with a 6 puck paddle

Dash screws missing (so the top part is hanging off) - One screw is missing from the middle

Airbag light staying on - As you also saw. Do a search on how to turn it off. I never did it as it never bothered me.

Boot rubbers perished so it rattles like a bitch - £12 from the stealers.

Hego sensor hanging off (it was just wrapped around decat pipe) - Secured up with a cable tie as there was no where else for it

Exhaust is in constant contact with rear subframe so it bangs about when the clutch judders - Amazingly in all my use of the car and fitment of the exhaust i have never seen this.

Headlights need replacing as there are big gaps around lense (where its been refurbed) - Considering you checked every panel on the car up and down i dont think we can say big gaps is fair. Maybe a small gap on the passenger side one where it meets the bumper and wing of about 0.8cm.

Rear bumper not secured underneath and is loose. - Never unsecured it.

Both front wings not secured at all underneath and flap about. - You would be aware that the car was about to have skirts and spats painted and fitted which you were offered.

Aerial not working and seized in the half up position - Also made aware as you asked whn you saw the pictures.

Missing clips and screws in just about every piece of trim - Can't say i have had every piece or trim apart to inspect for screws and fixtures.

rear fog light is one of the reverse lights with a red bulb, but it shows up pink (MOT fail) - Passed in December.

Skirt spat things are held on with cable ties - Again as above about t have skirts and spats fitted.

rust is starting to form between the boot lid and car body - Never seen this.

Inside trim of rear bumper missing - Not sure i know what you mean.

There are many people on here who have seen this car, been in this car and driven this car who know just how clean it is/was.

Also, please dont get me started as I have just had an £800 bill for the S2k. Im not complaining as its one of those dangers during a private sale. Im not going to stand there for hours inspecting every inch of the car. You dont seem to dissappointed when you hoored the car around at the services or in this thread here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=182710

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver side seat belt not retracting and fraid (MOT failure) - Passed only in December and you knew about that as you asked if Jez was still breaking cars as it would be easy to get one.

Clutch needs replacing ( seriously bad judder when warm ) - Clutch has just ben replaced with a 6 puck paddle

Dash screws missing (so the top part is hanging off) - One screw is missing from the middle

Airbag light staying on - As you also saw. Do a search on how to turn it off. I never did it as it never bothered me.

Boot rubbers perished so it rattles like a bitch - £12 from the stealers.

Hego sensor hanging off (it was just wrapped around decat pipe) - Secured up with a cable tie as there was no where else for it

Exhaust is in constant contact with rear subframe so it bangs about when the clutch judders - Amazingly in all my use of the car and fitment of the exhaust i have never seen this.

Headlights need replacing as there are big gaps around lense (where its been refurbed) - Considering you checked every panel on the car up and down i dont think we can say big gaps is fair. Maybe a small gap on the passenger side one where it meets the bumper and wing of about 0.8cm.

Rear bumper not secured underneath and is loose. - Never unsecured it.

Both front wings not secured at all underneath and flap about. - You would be aware that the car was about to have skirts and spats painted and fitted which you were offered.

Aerial not working and seized in the half up position - Also made aware as you asked whn you saw the pictures.

Missing clips and screws in just about every piece of trim - Can't say i have had every piece or trim apart to inspect for screws and fixtures.

rear fog light is one of the reverse lights with a red bulb, but it shows up pink (MOT fail) - Passed in December.

Skirt spat things are held on with cable ties - Again as above about t have skirts and spats fitted.

rust is starting to form between the boot lid and car body - Never seen this.

Inside trim of rear bumper missing - Not sure i know what you mean.

There are many people on here who have seen this car, been in this car and driven this car who know just how clean it is/was.

Also, please dont get me started as I have just had an £800 bill for the S2k. Im not complaining as its one of those dangers during a private sale. Im not going to stand there for hours inspecting every inch of the car. You dont seem to dissappointed when you hoored the car around at the services or in this thread here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=182710

Woah there! I dont think he was having a go at you.

chill out
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

The car has some major issues though that need to be addressed,

as you can see from the list, it's all pretty niggly $#@!. I just want it sorted.

^^ right.. :rolleyes:

From the list i see no major issues what so ever, these kind of things are very common on the supra which i'm surprised you didn't know or spot since you already said this wasn't the first supra you have owned.

Now i'm not saying that maybe some should or even could have been pointed out (even though it seems they were) but the way you have come across here has put DAT-inter in a very bad light indeed and i think this is extremely unfair. Perhaps putting any potential buyers off if he ever wanted to sell anything on the forum again.

If all these problems are so 'major' perhaps a PM or two would have been better than publicly slating a fellow member without confronting them about your feelings first.

And FYI i have seen/been in this car many times and i would also consider it 'mint' for a supra even taking in the niggles, i can also vouch that the clutch has just been changed for a puck6 and some characteristics are to be expected.

I took the sellers word that the car was mint, when quite clearly, on closer inspection, it's not.

I dread to think what else I'd find underneath if I got it on a ramp.

I just dropped the ball on this one.

Woah there! I dont think he was having a go at you.

chill out
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

I disagree, whether he means it or not he is making it out as if DAT-inter is untrustworthy so i feel his subsequent post is necessary so he can explain his side.

I had no intention of slagging off anyone, someone asked what the issues were, so I mentioned them. You can ask Jezz later, as I told him on the phone when I ordered the new seatbelt. I'm not one for forum wars and slagging matches. Fraser is a top bloke, if I had an issue with the sale, don't you think I would have got back to him direct?, it's not as if he's hard to talk to, I distinctly remember our first conversation about the proposed swap was like a chat between two blokes who had been friends for years.

I can see how things have been mis construed from some of my previous seperate comments, and for that I apologise. Fraser, I meant no wrong. Sure, I was a little shocked when I spotted the flapping wings this afternoon on cleaning it, but you have provided me with a reason as to why they are like that, and I'm subsequently provided with solace.

I'll be selling the wheels and putting the car on stands, probably for up to six months while I get things done.

- Deep breath -

Don't worry mate those niggles will take about 2 hours to sort and should cost you about £10 for fixings :),

unfortunately depending on the clutch make they can do that, I'd dought a stock one will take bpu powerz for too long so an uprated one was probably a good idea but if it's that annoying to drive then swapping for an rps or similar would sort.

is the rust seen when you open the boot, around the top? if so thats a common thing, seen it on quite a few, all been surface rust on ones i've had :)

I've driven cars with heavy duty sport clutches before, but nothing like this. I'm not going to be dragging or drifting the car so there is little point in me having a 6 puck on/off clutch. It just makes me look like a fool at junctions :D

As for the rust, you can only see it when the boot is closed, through the gap between the boot lid and roof.

I've got some plans for the bodywork though, So I'll see if I can get it sorted then.

drama! lol. anyway the wheels! they are unbelievably sexy, and i want them really badly. i have some 3 piece 17" work equip wheels, in poor/fair condition which you could use to move it around, if you would take them as PX. you can see them in my garage, pretty rare wheels too actually! tyres are almost new on front and 4 mm on rear.

all depending obviously how much you need for your wheels?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.