The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had a 1JzGte fitted by QSD

Jay_vr6

I Just dropped in a TT rev gauge as the na doesn't work with a 1jz/2jz engine and a boost gauge fitted into my newly painted dash and I have to say everything behind the dash looks factory fitted, amazing, the ecu and wiring is perfect!!

I'm so happy I can't stop smiling, although the £150 in fuel I've spent in 4 days is hurting :) Looking forward to getting out with some of the 2jzgte guys to see how she fairs :)

I Just dropped in a TT rev gauge as the na doesn't work with a 1jz/2jz engine and a boost gauge fitted into my newly painted dash and I have to say everything behind the dash looks factory fitted, amazing, the ecu and wiring is perfect!!

I'm so happy I can't stop smiling, although the £150 in fuel I've spent in 4 days is hurting :) Looking forward to getting out with some of the 2jzgte guys to see how she fairs :)

I like videos so I hope you post up the first 1JZ supra in the UK ;)

• 1 month later...
280bhp and similar torque AFAIK.

These 1JZ GTE engines are commonly found in Soarers :)

yup thats right.

my stock soarer was 196whp when i got it 1st and ran 14.4-14.6 in the pod

im now at 291whp and will be back over the pod eather next month before JTS or the weekend of rotorstock/retroshow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Missed this, Car is running perfect, In fact not one single problem so far, I've fitted a boost gauge now which shows a healthy 13psi of boost, also added a better new air filter. Also fitted a top speed delimiter. I have water temp,oil temp,oil pressure gauges to fit this weekend, a second de-cat and a complete fluid change to do :)

• 5 months later...
Im also interested to hear more details on this, what sort of power can you get out of the 1jz, are they sequential in stock form ? What can the internals handle.......

I've heard up to 550bhp on stock internals, I expect you've read the writeup on the Driftworks R32 Skyline with a 1JZ in it? The stock setup has the turbos running in parallel.

• 2 weeks later...