The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finally bought a supra

glanov

cheers for the comments guys!! she will be on the road in a months time so will be lookin forward to meeting some supra owners!!

so can i ask wat the differance is with pre facelift and facelift lights??

Also to cut a long story short, the car was broke into many years back and the cd player stole but they managed to cut the wires to a box above the cd player witch controls the heating system, now it only has 1 fan speed and either hot or cold nothing in between which is annoying!

so has anyone got an idea off wat i need to get or is it a case off takeing cd player out and see if its wired up correct? cheers guys

Face lift lights have are black on the inside like this one...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=13868

You can take the pre facelift lights apart and paint them black. I did it on my old one...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=12157

Very nice looking car that, got to love the look of a stock facelift.

Also to cut a long story short, the car was broke into many years back and the cd player stole but they managed to cut the wires to a box above the cd player witch controls the heating system, now it only has 1 fan speed and either hot or cold nothing in between which is annoying!

so has anyone got an idea off wat i need to get or is it a case off takeing cd player out and see if its wired up correct? cheers guys

It's best to start a new thread for this in tech as the heating wiring is a nightmare to troubleshoot. Mine had the same issue (Cut) and had to rewire all 90 wires.. even today some of the functions don't work correctly! Will be pulling it apart in a week or two.

thanks very much for the replys guys!!

I think i will paint the inside off the headlights black over time that looks well cheers for that!

cheers homer ill start one shortly as it will get to me only having one fan speed!! someone has allready tried rewiring the back of the heater control box but still no use! :(

one more quick question!! lol is there any way off keepin the active spoiler down at all times or is it a case off removing the motor?? thanks

Andy

thanks very much for the replys guys!!

I think i will paint the inside off the headlights black over time that looks well cheers for that!

cheers homer ill start one shortly as it will get to me only having one fan speed!! someone has allready tried rewiring the back of the heater control box but still no use! :(

one more quick question!! lol is there any way off keepin the active spoiler down at all times or is it a case off removing the motor?? thanks

Andy

Easiest way is to activate the spoiler to down which you can do when the battery is on and engine not running. Then remove the fuse for it which is located down in the drivers foot well on the right in a little black fuse box.

Also If I'm right the pre facelift lights came with the sidelights in the Headlamp Cluster. And the facelift had them conjoined with the indicators.

yea mate she seams to have pre facelift front lights on her for some reason! the side lights are in the bumper and the ones inside the light are not wired up!

so over time i will try get some facelift lights or as a few have said paint them black! cheers

Andy