The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The engine runs for 3 sec and dies...???

chico

Unplug the loom pull it all back into the engine bay check for split wires etc if none feed it back through and plug it all back in. Mine was doing this when i done my NA-TT conversion. Thats what i done and i changed the ECU i dont know if it was the ECU or a trapped wire but it started first time after that.

The Fuel pump is running fine... runs as long as the ignition is on and stops as i turn off!

going to unplug the loom and put it back... lets see what happens!

;)

It worked for me and we spent about 30hours trying to solve this. But you have to pull the whole loom back into the engine bay and check it all make sure nothing is damaged or split also check all the connectors on the ECU are clean.

It worked for me and we spent about 30hours trying to solve this. But you have to pull the whole loom back into the engine bay and check it all make sure nothing is damaged or split also check all the connectors on the ECU are clean.

Thanx mate,

i´ll let you know how it turns out... ;)

Is the TPS set up correctly when i was having issues with the Aristo which has the vvti lump in it, ifound that if the TPS was out of position it gave the same symptoms, i.e if it was too far one way it would over rev on start up or jsut start and die if it was too far the other way. If it is this then it needs to be set up on a reader Chris Wilson reset mine post fuel pump fix.

I can't say that its going to be this though just going off what i have experienced, and if you do play with the TPS put some witness marks on it to realign it where you found it originally.

• 4 months later...
Guest Texas-bill

Chico, did you ever solve this?

My '93 US import version with 2JZ-GE engine started this last week. I changed the fuel filter (I think it was the original with 146000 miles) and my idle time went from 2 - 3 seconds up to 20 - 40 seconds. It will initially rev to about 3000 rpm then settle down to idle at 700 for about 15 seconds then slowly (5 - 10 seconds) choke out.

Have not checked the diagnostic codes yet. Will do tomorrow (Sunday).

Texas-Bill