The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Split IC Hose

Nic

Fitted an HKS EVC the other day and last night got a huge shock when I lost all boost. After a sleepless night dreaming of new turbos I discover this morning that it is one of the main IC hoses that has split completely in half.

I have an HKS R-Type FMIC fitted which replaced all the hoses with metal ones apart from the one on the left hand side of the engine bay behind the filter box which is the one that has split.

Does anyone know who makes or where I can get a replacement metal pipe for just this hose section (I have all the other pipes already that the HKS hard pipe kit replaces.)

cheers

Nic

What I mean is that when I bought the HKS R-Type FMIC it came with all the replacement hard pipes except for this piece. The hard pipe kit HKS do (which I dp not have) is a replacement for all the pipes, which I know replaces this pipe but I would be left with a load of other piping I already have.

Hope that makes sense.

Justin looked in to this recently, seems its available for the US market but not an available part number in Japan....which seemed strange.

You can get a Samco hose that does the same thing, I can probably find the part number if needs be, but its gonna be about £180 from memory.

JB

Quote: from Nic on 4:41 pm on Feb. 12, 2002[br]I found that http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/default.asp advertise HKS hard pipes kit replaces the ones not included in their FMIC kit. It is in their Intercoolers & Blow-Off Valves section.

Has anyone any experience of ordering parts from these guys?

Nic

MVP....still trying, two weeks ago I started the process.

(Edited by GavinL at 6:36 pm on Feb. 12, 2002)

Quote: from Nic on 3:27 am on Feb. 13, 2002[br]Gavin

I've ordered the HKS pipe I needed from mvpmotorsports.com. I gave them a call and spoke to a guy called Dusty who was helpful, might be worth giving him a call.

Nic

Same guy that has been jerking me around for the last fortnight. I would probably wait and see if the goods turn up before assuming everything is okay.

Oh great I've just wired the cash over to him! He did say he had the part in stock though so finger's crossed.

The split in the main IC hose means I'm driving a very slow N/A TT at the moment. Can anyone tell me if it is safe to drive it like this or is there a danger of too rich a mixture causing problems?

Nic

Guest Martin F

I know Gavin is having some problems with Dusty but this seems to be quite unusual as the guys on the American list speak very highly of him. Maybe he is just not so keen on dealing with customers outside the US, if so then he is not a very astute businessman.

Be good to hear back from you both when parts do or do not arrive.

Nic i don't think running rich for a while will be too much of a problem, unless you still have CAT's in place. But best not to do too many miles other wise you could be accelerating wear on the rings\bores etc.

Quote: from Martin F on 9:45 am on Feb. 13, 2002[br]

I know Gavin is having some problems with Dusty but this seems to be quite unusual as the guys on the American list speak very highly of him. Maybe he is just not so keen on dealing with customers outside the US, if so then he is not a very astute businessman.

I wrote to him very politely and asked him if he was interested in dealing with the Supra community in the UK and he hasn't replied.

Make of that what you will!

• 3 weeks later...

This is an old thread but I thought I'd update you on progress as you may be interested for future reference.

After a number of un-answered emails asking whether my cash had been received to their account and the parts posted. The parts were finally sent 2 days ago via Fedex Int Economy, which I am rather anoyed about as I paid for UPS Express service (US$60) and I'm still waiting to receive the parts 2 weeks later.

Gavin I would agree with you about their level of service, so will be going elsewhere in future.

Nic

Guys,

I've been dealing with Dusty Womack at MVP Motorsports for more than a year now and have spent a considerable amount of money there and this is not typical behaviour.

Shortly after I bought my Supra in October 2000 I sent out emails to a lot of internet Supra shops and Dusty was one of the very few who took the time to answer my questions. Most of them didn't even bother to reply.

He usually answers my emails quite promptly and if he doesn't he has a valid explanation for it. If he doesn't respond quick enough it's best to give him a call at his direct line, +1 940 683 3800.

I think part of his problem is that his business has grown tremendously the last year. He also bought SupraForums last year and that has grown considerably too.

Believe me, if you think MVP is bad you haven't tried doing business with Suprastore.com, trying that will really frustrate you.

Flavio

http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/

(Edited by Flavio at 8:46 pm on Mar. 3, 2002)

Quote: from Flavio on 7:44 pm on Mar. 3, 2002[br]Guys,

I've been dealing with Dusty Womack at MVP Motorsports for more than a year now and have spent a considerable amount of money there and this is not typical behaviour.

Shortly after I bought my Supra in October 2000 I sent out emails to a lot of internet Supra shops and Dusty was one of the very few who took the time to answer my questions. Most of them didn't even bother to reply.

He usually answers my emails quite promptly and if he doesn't he has a valid explanation for it. If he doesn't respond quick enough it's best to give him a call at his direct line, +1 940 683 3800.

I think part of his problem is that his business has grown tremendously the last year. He also bought SupraForums last year and that has grown considerably too.

Believe me, if you think MVP is bad you haven't tried doing business with Suprastore.com, trying that will really frustrate you.

Flavio

http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/

(Edited by Flavio at 8:46 pm on Mar. 3, 2002)

#

I have tried too order from Dusty on three separate occasions and been advised that the goods are in stock, no problem shipping to the UK etc etc. I have sent payment and delivery instructions along with chase up emails...never got a thing. A few weeks ago I send Dusty an email asking him to confirm that he was happy too do business with Supra owners in the UK and to date he has not had the decency to reply.

From my position I'm pretty sure that MVP Motorsports have made their position clear to the Supra owners in the UK.

I'll second that. I tried to order Field harnesses from MVP and it took about a week for them to even reply. And that was only to tell me that I couldn't use their internet ordering service.

It took 3 weeks to let me know that they didn't have Field harnesses in stock.

I have now ordered them from Checker trading, who reply every time next day. OK they didn't have them in stock but they've kept me informed all the way so far.

Mat your right you can not order internationally on the web site as they do not accept overseas credit cards for some reason. I had to wire the money over to an account which I think caused most of the delay as I spent over a week and a half knowing the money had gone out of my account but not getting any word back if it had arrived at the other end and the parts been sent.

Anyway I'm happy now as I've had the new HKS pipes fitted so back to full boost again :)

• 2 weeks later...

the saga continues, I receved this email today in response to mine of the 12th of Feb:

Dear Sir,

Due to a severe email server problem, we just received your email with payment details. One of the digits had been transposed.

We can ship that out now if you would like however I wanted to let you know before anything was done with the order.

Now judging from what Nic discovered they won't accept international credit cards......this should be interesting.